Not open for further replies.
98 Expedition 5.4 4x4
I am looking for torque spec for
oil cooler lines to oil cooler,
oil cooler lines to filter housing,
oil cooler bolt to engine,
Oil drain plug
oil pressure sensor cap bolt to oil cooler

Really? Is this not a mechanical or maintenance question, am I in the wrong forum or something? I have asked many torque specs in past and Trav has always been more than helpful, accurate, thorough and never complained, so on the odd occasion that I have some unique hard to find specs, this is my go to place. I was looking for specs not a lecture on Google, so if you don't have anything positive to offer, why don't you just skip the subject and go on to something else that you do know how to answer, and help someone.

Originally Posted By: Fitz98
Really? Is this not a mechanical or maintenance question, am I in the wrong forum or something? I have asked many torque specs in past and Trav has always been more than helpful, accurate, thorough and never complained, so on the odd occasion that I have some unique hard to find specs, this is my go to place. I was looking for specs not a lecture on Google, so if you don't have anything positive to offer, why don't you just skip the subject and go on to something else that you do know how to answer, and help someone.

...Jeez

Little touchy today?

I assume you've just come back in from a long day of skinned knuckes and profanity replacing said parts?
grin.gif

Or you just got a price estimate on the parts
confused.gif

Oil Cooler Assembly to Oil Filter Adapter Bolts 41-44 ft-lbs
Oil Filter Adapter Bolt 15-22 ft-lbs
Oil Filter Adapter Nut 30-40 ft-lbs
Oil Line Connector Adapter Assembly Bolt 15-22 ft-lbs
Oil Pan Drain Plug 98-143 in-lbs
Oil Pressure Switch 9-11 ft-lbs
Remote Oil Cooler Line to Cylinder Block 71-106 in-lbs
Oil Filter 11-12 ft-lbs

From the FSM. Take note, the ones I put in bold are Inch-Pounds and not Foot-Pounds.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head with all of the above, just missed the sunburn from a 90 degree Florida day and 2 trips to junk yard.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Oil Cooler Assembly to Oil Filter Adapter Bolts 41-44 ft-lbs
Oil Filter Adapter Bolt 15-22 ft-lbs
Oil Filter Adapter Nut 30-40 ft-lbs
Oil Pan Drain Plug 98-143 in-lbs
Oil Pressure Switch 9-11 ft-lbs
Remote Oil Cooler Line to Cylinder Block 71-106 in-lbs
Oil Filter 11-12 ft-lbs

From the FSM. Take note, the ones I put in bold are Inch-Pounds and not Foot-Pounds.

Thank you very much! You are one of those member who is always helpful. Sometimes it is hard to filter through all the others who have nothing to offer, but again, thank you very much, greatly appreciated.

P

Is this the one that is for where the manifold of the 2 lines bolts on to the filter assembly and the oil cooler itself?

Originally Posted By: CHARLIEBRONSON21
Not being sarcastic or abrasive, but have you googled it? I'm sure a forum other than Bitog has that information.

Thanks to BDCardinal and BITOG, the information is now available on Google for anyone else looking for it. Another great advantage of this forum is how good it is getting search engine rankings

Originally Posted By: Fitz98

P

Is this the one that is for where the manifold of the 2 lines bolts on to the filter assembly and the oil cooler itself?

Let me check in a bit. Today is turning out to be fairly hectic at work, so it might not be until I am off at 1730 local.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back