GC 0w-30, 2009 BMW 328iXdrive, 15.640 km

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

This is the second oil change and UOA on this car since I bought it.
Here the link to the first UOA

Since then, I drove 15.640 kms (about 9.700 miles) in about 12 months. I added 0,5 liter of oil last april when I changed tires.
Intent was to do 1 year and a half OCI but noticed I was already at 10 k miles few weeks ago, so decided to change now.

On this interval, I drove the car mainly to go to and come back from work (40-45 kms one way), about 10 minutes city and then 20-25 minutes all highway.
Short hauls and weekends shorts errands are done in the miata from spring to autumn, with the BMW in winter of course.

Did not changed the filter, will go through two OCIs, and oil now is BC 0w-40 for either 10 k miles or autumn 2016 when I put the winter tires, whichever comes first.

Here are the results:
[img:center][/img]

Let me know what you think...

I am in Canada, so I bought it in Canadian Tire stores when it was on sale (30 or 40% off). The only problem was it do not come in jugs, just liter bottles.

So now, I buy jugs of BC 0w-40 when there are on sale (40 % off every 2-3 months).

Sounds like good 'ol GC 0w30 is still out there producing good results.

I imagine this might've been good for the full BMW 15k interval, but continuing with annual changes is probably the best route to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back