Belly Fat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: satinsilver
Top ten foods to burn belly fat:

https://www.facebook.com/YDMFitness/phot...e=1&theater

Kind of thought the list was interesting esp about the peanut butter. I'm sure portion size is a must.

I've never quite understood the thought process of "eating to burn fat". What's wrong with getting out and exercising? That'll burn far more fat than eating something.

There are no magical foods that help burn any kind of fat. Facebook health tips are ridiculous.

Eat a healthy diet with a variety of veggies and less processed garbage.

Get a dog. Run with dog. Repeat.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
I've never quite understood the thought process of "eating to burn fat". What's wrong with getting out and exercising? That'll burn far more fat than eating something.

I average an hour of exercise per day. Mostly power walking/cycling and starting each morning by doing 50 pushups, crunches and squats. Plus the hip raise exercise:

http://www.oprah.com/health/The-No-Equipment-Workout-You-Can-Do-at-Home/4

You don't lose weight with exercise. It just makes you more hungry and you eat more. Exercise will make you more fit and healthier, but to lose weight you have to cut way back on carbs and eat more fat and protein. Sugar and wheat are your mortal enemies. Any starch is bad including potatoes, beans, corn, bananas and rice. Check out the books "Protein Power" or "Wheat Belly" - you'll lose weight, feel better and get healthy.

Originally Posted By: bigt61
You don't lose weight with exercise. It just makes you more hungry and you eat more. Exercise will make you more fit and healthier, but to lose weight you have to cut way back on carbs and eat more fat and protein. Sugar and wheat are your mortal enemies. Any starch is bad including potatoes, beans, corn, bananas and rice. Check out the books "Protein Power" or "Wheat Belly" - you'll lose weight, feel better and get healthy.

I agree.

I'm currently on a low carb diet. I'm 39 years old. After three weeks, I went from 254-->242. I got off the diet for a week (I was on vacation with the family), and I started it again this Monday. 4 days ago, I weighed in at 245, this morning I weighed 241.

I only seem to loose weight by not being starch and sugar.

I thought dark colored beans are good for you because of the nutrients and fiber. Everything else makes sense.

Originally Posted By: Phishin
I'm currently on a low carb diet. I'm 39 years old. After three weeks, I went from 254-->242. I got off the diet for a week (I was on vacation with the family), and I started it again this Monday. 4 days ago, I weighed in at 245, this morning I weighed 241.

How tall are you?

A few years ago I was 260 and am now 170. I feel like a new person now.

Actually, I lost about 75% of the weight I lost by watching what I eat. The other 25% came with adding exercise.

What you eat plays a big role, but yes, not the only role.

If you live on sugar and starch, you will be hungry, sooner, compared to eating proteins and fats.

The sooner you are hungry, the sooner you are looking for more food. If you eat more garbage, the cycle continues.

If I have a breakfast of bacon, eggs, fruit and perhaps half a whole wheat english muffin or toast at 7am, I'm probably good until noon.

Change that with the same number of calories in cereal and I'm in shark feeding mode by 10:30am.

It's not that the foods make you burn more fat. It's that the foods don't leave you hungry or in a sugar crash, searching for more food before the next meal.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Top ten foods to burn belly fat:

https://www.facebook.com/YDMFitness/phot...e=1&theater

Kind of thought the list was interesting esp about the peanut butter. I'm sure portion size is a must.

Originally Posted By: Wheel
Stress helps add fat to people too...
Relax, eat less and exercise

Lack of sleep as well. If you are not getting enough sleep, your body compensates by signaling hunger for more quick energy.

Also, if you feel like you are craving sugar, you may really be thirsty. Many people don't interpret thirst correctly and crave sugar.

Therefore, it doesn't hurt to drink 8-16oz of water when you are craving sugar to see if that craving goes away in an hour.

I've noticed that if I sleep in and lounge around for a couple hours I am tired and hungry the rest of the day, when I get up at my normal 6 AM, I have more energy and tend to cr4ave less "junk" food.

Nonsense , beans might contain starch but they contain a lot of beneficial vitamins minerals plus a nice dose of fiber, this is what I can't stand about people obsessed with food, foods that sustained cultures for a million years is suddenly bad in food obsessed/gluten free America.

The body and brain need carbs for energy and fat and protein to maintain the cell structure.

Low carb or low fat diets are harmful. Eat less of everything if you need to lose weight, and be mindful of what you eat (get carbs from fruit and not donuts, for example).

Ultimately, if your energy intake is more than your energy usage, you will end up retaining it in a form of weight gain.

I felt terr
Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
The body and brain need carbs for energy and fat and protein to maintain the cell structure.

Low carb or low fat diets are harmful. Eat less of everything if you need to lose weight, and be mindful of what you eat (get carbs from fruit and not donuts, for example).

Ultimately, if your energy intake is more than your energy usage, you will end up retaining it in a form of weight gain.

+1, calories in calories out, you can't cheat mamma nature.

Originally Posted By: zach1900
Nonsense , beans might contain starch but they contain a lot of beneficial vitamins minerals plus a nice dose of fiber, this is what I can't stand about people obsessed with food, foods that sustained cultures for a million years is suddenly bad in food obsessed/gluten free America.

Actually, it's not nonsense. If beans are so good for you, why do you have to do so much to them in order to eat them? Try eating some raw beans, in a few hours you won't be happy. Our bodies were never meant to eat them. Sadly, myself included in the past, most people love their pork & beans (Bush,B&M) which are loaded with sugar and carbs - the double whammy of weight gain. I do eat some beans still - 1/2 can (15oz) of black beans in a 3 lb+ batch of chili, but that's about it. Eat some carbs when you need to, just stay overall low carb if you want to drop pounds. Check this out from June 10:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl...O-exercise.html

How tall are you?

A few years ago I was 260 and am now 170. I feel like a new person now.

6'1"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back