Custom Seat Covers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone recommend a good brand of custom (as in non-universal) seat covers? There are a lot of brands out there.

I may be getting an XK8 w/ a cracked and split drivers seat being the only issue. I have automotive OCD (admitting it is half the solution
smile.gif
) and this this will drive me crazy... Summers are short and I do not want to ties the car up for a few weeks recovering seats, that will be a February project.

Thanks all.

My 1994 Camry got a cut in the seat from me sitting in the seat with a putty knife in my back pocket. It really bothered me when I first did it. Not so much several years latter when I sold it with the cut still unfixed.

Originally Posted By: silverrat
Originally Posted By: Trav
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jaguar-XK8-XKR-Leather-Seat-Covers-Replacement-1997-2000-/390313092688

This is the only thing I would consider for a Jaguar. Seats are very important.

Thanks.

Trav and Silverrat, I agree, recovering the seats would be my Winter project. I've heard good things about the kits from Topsonline or something similar.

For now I'm looking for a decent set of old school type seat covers for this Summer's use.

From what I've found, decent 'tailored' covers are in the $150-$190 range.

I was talking to someone who worked in the auto industry, supplier side, and he mentioned that one of the reasons mid-late '90s leather had durability problems (at least some makes) is that was when the manufacturers were transitioning to more green processes. seems to make sense, I knew that traditional tanning processes used some nasty stuff...and I've had '60 and '70s cars where the leather had patina, but otherwise fine.

Have you been to an upholstery shop? It might not be expensive to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back