What coolant would a 1992 Ford Ranger take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked in the manual but couldn't find my answer, does anybody know for sure what a 1992 Ford Ranger 2.3 spec'd from the factory? I ask because the coolant overflow is empty and the radiator isn't full either. I want to top it off but I't not sure what to use. TIA!

Yup old school green. I don't like the all makes all models antifreeze.

AutoZone still sells it, mix 50/50 with distilled water.

I never really have been able to figure out the hate for the "all makes all models" antifreeze. My whole family runs it in everything new and old (except for newer GM we stick to Dexcool) and we have had zero antifreeze related issues. We've had many of our cars for 10+ years as well.

Originally Posted By: nwjones18
I never really have been able to figure out the hate for the "all makes all models" antifreeze. My whole family runs it in everything new and old (except for newer GM we stick to Dexcool) and we have had zero antifreeze related issues. We've had many of our cars for 10+ years as well.

I really do not have a need. I run Zerex G-05 in my pickup, Jeep, Bobcat and maybe my snowcat. The Subaru is new, so I have several years to decide. Probably Zerex Asian.

as mentioned, good old school green. Zerex still makes it as well. I would just stay away from the "all makes, all models" stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back