2005 jeep liberty 3.7 powertech
0w-20 RP api sn
Fram Ultra xg3600

141k miles on the motor
8k miles on the oil
95hwy/5city

z72wpmh.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a strong report. I have 30+ quarts of this exact oil in my stash, will be using with confidence. Thanks for sharing.

Nice report. Have you always used a 20 grade in that engine? Up until 2006 it called for 5W30, they made the change to 5W20 in 07.

Good run on that oil. How big is the sump and did it use any oil in the 8k? Thanks for the post.

Nice report. RP has excellent TBN retention fwiw. Looks like a Lubrizol additive package with the Na.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Nice report. Have you always used a 20 grade in that engine? Up until 2006 it called for 5W30, they made the change to 5W20 in 07.

Last 2 changes was on 0w20, but other than that its been on 5W30.

Originally Posted By: bigt61
Good run on that oil. How big is the sump and did it use any oil in the 8k? Thanks for the post.

Sump is 5qts and no it didn't use up any oil.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Looks good. I would run 0W30 or 5W30 if that is what is spec'ed.

The jeep is back on 5W30 qsgb. I ran the car on 0w20 to see if it would of caused excessive wear on a nonspec'ed car.

Originally Posted By: Stillbreathing
Originally Posted By: Donald
Looks good. I would run 0W30 or 5W30 if that is what is spec'ed.

The jeep is back on 5W30 qsgb. I ran the car on 0w20 to see if it would of caused excessive wear on a nonspec'ed car.

Well you got you're answer.

A good report.
RP 0W-20 held it's viscosity with no oil shear.

The reason engines that were once spec'd for a fuel conserving 5W-30 dino have no problem running a 0W/5W-20 today is because the base line or minimum standard for motor oil has improved a lot in the past 30 years.
In other words, you may have been running a grade lighter than what was originally specified but in actuality the oil was likely heavier at the end of an OCI than some cheap 5W-30s were in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back