Impressed with 303 Protectant on tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 4 weeks ago, I applied some 303 by hand to the tires on both of our vehicles. The Fusion is parked overnight in a carport, whereas my van is outside 24/7. After nearly a month, several thunderstorms, several washes, and some dirt roads, both tires still clean up extremely well and have that new look to them. This stuff really works! It won't give you that 'wet' look, but it won't attract dirt either. I highly recommend this stuff to anyone that wants to keep their tires looking clean and new for awhile between applications.

I have never used 303 but have heard/read many good reviews.
I am looking for a product that works on Flat Black Paint...such as the "B" Pillars of the door frames on any vehicle...I have not found anything YET!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
I am looking for a product that works on Flat Black Paint...such as the "B" Pillars of the door frames on any vehicle...I have not found anything YET!

I use 100% Carnuba wax or the right sealant on my B pillars.

Specifically, I use Collinite #915, Sonax Net Shield, or ReJex. The wax needs re-applied every 2 months or so. Not sure yet on the Sonax or ReJex. Just tried it.

+1 on 303. I've been using it on cars and airplanes for 20+ years. Pretty much the only protectant I use, it is great on clear vinyl windows and plastic gauge faces.

Only minor downside is the smell before it dries....

I sprayed 303 on all of the bushings on my 03 Honda CRV. So far I have no cracks on the bushings and I hope to get another 10 plus years out of them.

I didn't like it on tires...thought it was a dust magnet....Stoner's More Shine Less Time works much better...looks better, last longer, and isn't a dust magnet...

Originally Posted By: Phishin

Specifically, I use Collinite #915, Sonax Net Shield, or ReJex. The wax needs re-applied every 2 months or so. Not sure yet on the Sonax or ReJex. Just tried it.

Carnauba wax and most sealants would add a shine to flat black. Char Baby is probably trying to avoid that.

Where can i find 303? Walmart for instance: i've never seen it in the automotive care section...

Originally Posted By: wemay
Where can i find 303? Walmart for instance: i've never seen it in the automotive care section...

I have seen it at stores like Cabelas.

It's a good product, just not all that it is hyped to be. Looks good on tires, dash, etc, but on tires it does not last very long. That's just my experience.

303 also can be found in marine supply stores (places that outfit you for boat/water related recreation) like west marine

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: raytseng
303 also can be found in marine supply stores (places that outfit you for boat/water related recreation) like west marine

Thanks, we have lot's of those here.

The Flat Black on my B pillars is now very, very "Flat"!
I want to bring it back to a rich look again...not a shine as in a Gloss!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Joel_MD
Originally Posted By: Phishin

Carnauba wax and most sealants would add a shine to flat black. Char Baby is probably trying to avoid that.
The Flat Black on my B pillars is now very, very "Flat"!
I want to bring it back to a rich look again...not a shine as in a Gloss!

But at the same time, I don't want the flat paint to chalk even further due to being waxed!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Local Ace Hardware stores have it. Also, it is available on Amazon.

Amazon is where I bought my bottle of 303 about 18 months ago. I didn't start using it until my current bottle of Meguiar's "Natural Shine" was gone. The 303 seems to work about as well as the Meguiar's, but the latter is cheaper and easier to find.

I have been using 303 for years on everything, and like it. Just never figured out why, isn't it mass marketed? Never easy to find, or for the right price. Should be able to buy it anywhere, and they would sell much more of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back