BG Products

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the deal on BG.

https://www.bgprod.com/

I had some work done at a local shop who was a BG dealer so he was pushing BG big time. People seem to love BG, but i think its more of a gut feel, or the result of their advertising more so than from real performance improvement. I watched a YouTube vid where a guy did an oil change and used three different BG products. One before the oil change. A 10 minute 1200 rpm usage of one product. Then the oil is drained and two more products are added to the oil. Snake oil or real value? Should i BG the heck out of my SUV. 04 Exped 5.4 255Kmiles

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing I see from BG that gives me confidence is their
fuel system cleaning process, it directs the cleaner right through the fuel rail and I have seen it work very effectively, the rest is [censored].

I think they sell some of the more reputable products on the market, but I don't see a reason to need them. I'm not saying its snake oil, more like a service department selling you services/products you don't need.

If you've made it to 255,000 miles on your Expedition without ever having used BG products, then you've just answered your own question.

They have really some nice machines. I'm not a fan of additives in general as I believe they are unnecessary. BG's marketing strategy is to give kickbacks to the tech and especially the adviser. So many service advisers will really give the hard sell on them.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Just googled it. Run...run far far away!

Why? If you have a solid reason, please state what it is.

Many here on this site have used some of their products and they worked well... BG44K is one of the best, if not the best fuel cleaners on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back