Bought First Smart Phones Today !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Subdued
Unmetered my family would go through 40 gigs+ a month and no degree of talking and ranting and raving would ever stop it.

Yeah I suppose it's possible, but the most we have gone through with four people was around 25 gig.

There is an app that taps the GPS to output phone speed.

I think 'Phone Tester' does it, I'm sure there are others.

Data usage after 5 days: 0.47GB. The first day was 0.32GB, then tapper off after that first day. If we use data with similar rate the last 2-3 days we will use less than 2GB a month.
Myself: 0.024
Wife: 0.013
First Daughter: 0.123
Second Daughter: 0.307

I'll monitor data usage at 2 weeks and month end. If we use less than 4-5 GB consistently for 2-3 months I will change plan from 10GB down to 6GB to save $8/mo.

So far every household member likes their smart phone. I'm still in learning mode and tried few features everyday.

I think I made good choice in staying with Verizon and got good deal. $200 a month for 4 smart phones for 2 years then $50-60 less after that 2 years isn't bad.

After some time, after everyone finds and installs their favorite apps, data usage can go up, especially if it's stuff like music or video streaming related while you are out of the house and away from your wifi.
smile.gif

I told everyone about no video of any type is allowed on their iPhone. Personally, I delete all video and music apps of my Samsung. There are some Google apps I don't know what they do, I will do some research about those and delete as many that I think I don't need.

Music, I don't know about this. If they down load some music can they transfer it to their iPad and/or laptop ?

When I got my first smartphone (2 years ago), the Verizon store had classes for us non-teenagers to help get us going with all the functions. If you have a specific need, drop in to the store and they will help you get started with the basics. Otherwise, hit the internet and look for a new-user guide for your phone.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
$200-210 a month for 4 smart phones and 10GB data isn't bad, and I don't have to pay for the phones only sale tax. After 2 years monthly cost will be lower by about $60 to around $140-150.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
That doesn't sound bad. That said, the pricing on the phones doesn't sound right. I'd suspect they will hit you with some added fees in upcoming bills. If not, great!!

Just received first month bill. The total is $218 with $10.xx tax and fees included, this total includes $23 wireless home phone with unlimited long distance and few other options such as caller ID, and $16 discount(20% off of $80 for 10GB data) for Raytheon employee.

Without home phone my monthly charge for 4 smart phones with 10GB data is $195. After paying off the cost of $64 for 4 phones in 2 years, monthly charge will drop to $130(tax and fees included), that isn't bad for unlimited talk/text and 10 GB data for 4 phones.

The first month data usage is only 2.2GB, way less than 10GB data plan. So far 0.5GB is used the first 5 days of second month, so I think it will be around 3-4GB at most for this month.

We like these smart phones so far and monthly charge is no more than I expected and is reasonable with Verizon Edge plan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back