Mr. Clean Magic Eraser

Status
Not open for further replies.
The generic ones suck in my experience. Magic erasers shouldn't really need to be cleaned from what I've found. Just used until they wear out. The cheap generic ones tend to tear easy and don't last as long at all.

You can wash them out by hand with warm soapy water simply by soaking and then squeezing them carefully. As Donald said, they get smaller over time, because they are pretty fragile, but the generic versions are very inexpensive. I usually cut a small piece from a whole sponge and use that, unless I want to clean a large, smooth surface. Melamine sponges are very useful. Great for cleaning windshields.

Originally Posted By: NateDN10
They're designed to break down with use. Don't worry about cleaning it.

Well yeah, all cleaning materials are consumables. I figured the OP wanted to know how to best clean the magir Eraser when it's loaded with whatever particles it has picked up. Rinsing it out with soapy water definitely works. Even if you use the melamine sponge only on smooth surfaces like glass, and even if it doesn't start crumbling, it will lose its abrasive properties as the melamine particles wear out or get washed out with use.

I use them to clean dog goobers that my Mastiff gets on the walls. Half of them I get off with Windex and a cloth, the rest need a Magic Eraser.

Has anyone tried them on a stainless steel appliance that has a "grain" like a refrigerator? They might be too abrasive. The refrigerator has a dog goober that seems to have etched itself to the door. It feels smooth but you can see it. I have tried every SS cleaner/polish I can find.

Last edited:
Seriously? Just buy a box of them and get a new one out when you need it. This is like trying to re-use Kleenex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back