2012 Audi A6 Royal Purple 5w40 12,200 mile OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
City Star goes outside API guidelines, but no one suggests that's a good thing.
wink.gif

That is what I like about the RP lineup. There are API and non-API choices.

That's an awesome report Deven ! How fast in the 1\4 mile??
RP is a really good oil. Just when I ran it I had a lot of valve train noise upon start up that I've never had before or since. I bet if I ran the 5w-40 RP it may have well not done that ?!?!? But I do know they make a strong product.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
That's an awesome report Deven ! How fast in the 1\4 mile??
RP is a really good oil. Just when I ran it I had a lot of valve train noise upon start up that I've never had before or since. I bet if I ran the 5w-40 RP it may have well not done that ?!?!? But I do know they make a strong product.

Yes indeed it's a good product but I'm biased
smile.gif
I've never countered valve train noise at start up but my car is also garaged. Its not at work though but can't say I have heart it there either.
My best time in the 1/4 has been 12.48 at 123 mph.

Last edited:
That's a good time.. And fun I'm sure too. I learned the other day that my car can indeed run a 40 viscosity almost yr round where I live. So 5w-40 RP could well be just fine
smile.gif

May try that in the future. I am always game to try new products. I'm not brand loyal. Just quality loyal.

That's a good time.. And fun I'm sure too. I learned the other day that my car can indeed run a 40 viscosity almost yr round where I live. So 5w-40 RP could well be just fine
smile.gif

May try that in the future. I am always game to try new products. I'm not brand loyal. Just quality loyal.

Yea I don't see why you can't run 5w40 in the Nissan especially since you live in Virginia and winters are pretty mild. If you eventually do go with Royal Purple you're probably better off with HPS 5w30. More ZDDP and more Synerlec and a more suited viscosity for the Nissan.

Originally Posted By: deven
Yea I don't see why you can't run 5w40 in the Nissan especially since you live in Virginia and winters are pretty mild.

5w-XX oils are certainly appropriate in places with winters that aren't mild, too.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: deven
Yea I don't see why you can't run 5w40 in the Nissan especially since you live in Virginia and winters are pretty mild.

5w-XX oils are certainly appropriate in places with winters that aren't mild, too.

Indeed.

HPS 5w-30 RP .. Is that available at Walmart ??? I looked and I'm honestly not sure if that is what they are selling there or not.

HPS 5w-30 RP .. Is that available at Walmart ??? I looked and I'm honestly not sure if that is what they are selling there or not.

No. Wal-Mart only sells the API approved RP. I don't think I've ever seen RP 5w40 at Wal-Mart. You can get the HPS stuff online. K Series usually has the best prices.

Ahh all right.. That's what I was thinking but not 100% sure. I did think the HPS version was the shall we say the stronger version. Thanks a lot for the info
smile.gif

Always appreciate the help and learning something new ! You rock captain !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back