Litelock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to be a new product, or soon to be anyhow (its on kickstarter right now). Its a textile based bike lock to compete against traditional cables and chains. Based on the few years I worked at a shop I can tell you cable locks, even nice ones, are easy EASY to defeat with the proper cutters (small cutters, too!). Anybody heard of this Litelock? Looks very promising but I'd love to see some third party use/abuse testing before I commit!

Youtube Video of Litelock

Given enough time, any lock can be cut off. And sometimes cutting through the bike rack or parking meter post may be easier. The more resistant the lock, the better. The other day I came out of a bakery when I noticed a picked-clean Marin Point Reyes frame still attached with a strong cable lock to a curbside lamp post. Nobody had tempered with the lock. I know my friend has this make and model and I called her right away. She said she had lost her bike about a week ago after riding it, because she couldn't remember where she'd left it. I told her about my discovery and suspicion. That same evening she got back to me and confirmed what I had found were indeed the sad remains of her bike. She had ridden her bike to the bakery and left it there when she got an urgent phone call that made her run home to get her car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back