Woman intentionally runs over & kills motorcyclist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Applying your talking point to the crime of rape: women should not dress provocatively and go out because their actions may provoke a man into rape. I have my doubts as to how far you'll get in a debate about sexual assault with that thesis.

Originally Posted By: greenjp

So, while a crime victim does not deserve what happens to them, that does not mean they should not take care in their actions or expect to be immune from negative consequences. This is risk management 101 stuff - lock your doors, watch your step, don't kick cars while you're on a motorcycle.

jeff

Originally Posted By: Trajan

It's a BLEEP!!! post. You hit someone with your vehicle, *you* are responsible.

Thank you for contributing a voice of sanity!

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Applying your talking point to the crime of rape: women should not dress provocatively and go out because their actions may provoke a man into rape. I have my doubts as to how far you'll get in a debate about sexual assault with that thesis.

Originally Posted By: greenjp

So, while a crime victim does not deserve what happens to them, that does not mean they should not take care in their actions or expect to be immune from negative consequences. This is risk management 101 stuff - lock your doors, watch your step, don't kick cars while you're on a motorcycle.

jeff

So you picked the most obvious sorta fake scenario to argue against my logic (rapists are not motivated by provocative dress but whatever), without actually addressing the underlying logic - that people should assess risk and behave in such a manner as to mitigate it. Do you actually disagree? If you have daughters, would you teach them it's OK to get blackout drunk at a frat party, or would you teach them that there are some bad people out there and that they are ultimately responsible for their own safety? I know what I'll be doing with mine.

jeff

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: Doog
I have been riding motorcycles for 40 years....I retreat at the slightest sign of an aggressive driver. I run away and live to ride another day.
13.gif

This is exactly what I do also...which is also part of the reason I insist on having a motorcycle with a lot of power...I can get away from anyone...aggressive drivers and/or cell phoners are not dangerous to me if I'm not near them...

+1 Exactly...I usually take the first turn I come to

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: Astro14
I do not condone killing for no reason. I have always been both legally and morally careful to distinguish when lethal force is reasonable. If you search my threads in BITOG I've been very very careful about when lethal force is justified. I've explained it in detail because I have a deep personal understanding of what's involved.

If you want to make this about me there's really no point in the discussion.

Then why do many here reading your posts make it seem that you come across as thinking this motorcyclist deserved to be run over an killed?
21.gif

"deserve" has nothing to do with it...the motorcyclist allowed himself to get into a deadly situation with a crazy driver in a car. When you are on a motorcycle you automatically lose.

Therefore, he suffered the consequences. The "right of way" means zero when you're dead.

"deserve" has nothing to do with it...the motorcyclist allowed himself to get into a deadly situation with a crazy driver in a car. When you are on a motorcycle you automatically lose.

Therefore, he suffered the consequences. The "right of way" means zero when you're dead.

Doesn't give this mental woman an excuse for her actions because he gave her an opportunity to murder him. Yes, I agree ... don't stick around if you feel your life is in danger. If you watch the video, it looks like he was heading away and getting off the highway and she followed him. He may of thought it was all over with and she stalked him down and continued the rage.

Yeah, there are lots of crazy people in the world. Some will kill you if you look at them wrong or say the wrong thing to them. I've seen road rage incidents where someone made a bone-head move, and the person they made the move on flips them off. Then the original offender goes absolutely nuts trying to run the other guy off the road like he thinks nobody should let him know just how moronic he is. There was a case here where an indecent like that happened and the guy rolled up at the next stop sign, pulls out a gun and shots the other driver in the head through his passenger window then takes off. They caught the guy months later.

Someday when you least expect it, you might unintentionally put yourself into a deadly situation too. There is not excuse for this woman, no matter how much he put himself into a bad situation. She will be in jail for quite a while I suspect.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Doesn't give this mental woman an excuse for her actions because he gave her an opportunity to murder him. Yes, I agree ... don't stick around if you feel your life is in danger. If you watch the video, it looks like he was heading away and getting off the highway and she followed him. He may of thought it was all over with and she stalked him down and continued the rage.

Yeah, there are lots of crazy people in the world. Some will kill you if you look at them wrong or say the wrong thing to them. I've seen road rage incidents where someone made a bone-head move, and the person they made the move on flips them off. Then the original offender goes absolutely nuts trying to run the other guy off the road like he thinks nobody should let him know just how moronic he is. There was a case here where an indecent like that happened and the guy rolled up at the next stop sign, pulls out a gun and shots the other driver in the head through his passenger window then takes off. They caught the guy months later.

Someday when you least expect it, you might unintentionally put yourself into a deadly situation too. There is not excuse for this woman, no matter how much he put himself into a bad situation. She will be in jail for quite a while I suspect.

The most plausible reason I can conjure up for his not disappearing over the horizon is that he was actually trying to pull off, to exchange information.

Consider this: She says that the rider "Kicked her car". As whacked out as she seem to be, maybe she swerved into him from an adjoining lane (Without realizing he was there), contact was made, and in her entitled princess mind, he was at fault.

He then tries to do the obvious right thing, (At least from the standpoint of a car driver......I suspect this guy had not been riding long) and pulls off to the side.....Which is where she hit him, pushes him 300', before the bike goes over, and she finishes the job.

I just do not see where we have any actual evidence that the motorcyclist did anything to put himself in danger......Just the word of the perpetrator, who clearly has reason to be less than honest.

The only thing that we know that the motorcyclist should have done differently is realize that the crazy woman was trying to kill him, and get out of Dodge.

I don't know if this has been said, but the Navy Special Ops guy was 39 years old. He wasn't a 19 year old Seaman.

Also, I find it hard to believe that anyone would hypothetically devise a scenario with any relevance to this case that'd even come close to justify what she did as self defense (murder, in fact charged with 1st degree murder). The fact that she was charged with 1st degree murder was done with knowledge of the event that we almost undoubtedly do not have.

There would be no 1st degree murder charge if the DA didn't believe that the woman wouldn't be found guilty of it.

If I were to take a guess, knowing what a Ducati 1199 is capable of doing relative to a Nissan Altima, the guy was caught off guard. She pursued and struck him with he having attempted escape.

All she could do it plead temporary (or full time) insanity. Anyone who would do this has some pretty serious issues, and needs to be taken off the streets. Too bad somebody who accomplished good things in his life had to pay for that to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back