CR-V diff. fluid question

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many quarts should a 2014 crv hold? I have read it takes 1.2 quarts (couldn't find it in the manual oddly), I was able to put in 1.4 qts before it slowly started to spill over the fill plug. Then, a Honda tech says he usually gets about 2 quarts in each differential. Anyone with a cr-v able to confirm if I put in the right amount? Thanks all and happy Friday!

I had a 2008, and it was about 1.3 quarts. If you filled it up to where it started to run out of the fill, then that's the correct level.

I really doubt he got 2 quarts in. I think he meant you need 2 quart bottles to do the job and you'll have some left over.

Originally Posted By: Dave Sherman
I had a 2008, and it was about 1.3 quarts. If you filled it up to where it started to run out of the fill, then that's the correct level.

I really doubt he got 2 quarts in. I think he meant you need 2 quart bottles to do the job and you'll have some left over.

I think he meant he CHARGED for 2 quarts.

Originally Posted By: lawman1909
How many quarts should a 2014 crv hold? I have read it takes 1.2 quarts (couldn't find it in the manual oddly), I was able to put in 1.4 qts before it slowly started to spill over the fill plug. Then, a Honda tech says he usually gets about 2 quarts in each differential. Anyone with a cr-v able to confirm if I put in the right amount? Thanks all and happy Friday!

Look on the Amsoil website. It has specs including capacities for most vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back