WIX 51515

Status
Not open for further replies.
This filter came off my 95 4.0 Cherokee, running maybe 2-2.5K miles? and about 13-14months. Changed it under suspicion that the engine is dirty still. I don't really keep track mileage on it (until last OC)
The heep was driven 5mi to work and 5 mi back for about 95% of the time, two or three highway trips, one of them being an actual trip (20min or so). I think I took it out to the woods to beat on it only 6-8 times, though 3 of those trips I put the seat down and loaded up with firewood to the roof, then wheeled some more
19.gif

Oil was Rotella T6 for the most part, it was the second T6 run in its life. During the first fill with RT6, the oil turned pitch black in
Judging by the can and the SAND in it, it is undergoing a major cleanup still. ADBV is new. Media a bit waved but nothing remarkable. Excuse the Firestone-quality dike job, don't have my cutoff ATM.

Replaced with RT6, a qt of M1 5w20, Chevron SN 5w30 and topped off with DELO 15w40. (cleaned up the garage lol)
Filter is a P1, but will come back to this one, I really like the base end bypass idea.

Originally Posted By: Dyusik

Judging by the can and the SAND in it, it is undergoing a major cleanup still.

Sand?

If you're finding sand in the oil filter, your oil pump is being trashed every time the engine runs.

If it were mine and I cared about it I would drop and wash the pan, and look for a reason why sand has entered the engine. Maybe a hole in the PCV breather hose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back