2014 Forester 2.5, Subaru 0W20, 7065mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post here in a decade. I'm actually impressed with the Subaru Motor Oil.

~D

At 37,086 miles, the 2.5L in your Subaru is putting up some really great wear numbers. Wear that
is close to or below average like we have here shows an engine with all of its internal parts getting along
well, and there's nothing that would suggest a problem for this engine is in the works. You're already
running longer than the ~5,800 mile interval our universal averages are based on, but we think you could go
even further next time. The TBN was 3.0, lots of active additive left. Try 9,000 miles on the next fill and
resample to start trends. Excellent!

Code:

OIL SGMO 0W20

MILES IN USE 7065k

MILES 37086k

SAMPLE TAKEN 03/22/15

ALUMINUM 3

CHROMIUM 0

IRON 9

COPPER 1

LEAD 1

TIN 4

MOLYBDENUM 95

NICKEL 0

MANGANESE 0

SILVER 0

TITANIUM 0

POTASSIUM 1

BORON 78

SILICON 30

SODIUM 5

CALCIUM 2196

MAGNESIUM 10

PHOSPHORUS 747

ZINC 881

BARIUM 0

INSOLUBLES 0.1

WATER 0

FLASHPOINT ºF 410

SUS VIS 210ºF 52.0

cSt @ 212ºF 7.87

TBN 3.0

The silicon seems a bit high. If no work has been done using a gasket sealer, then it could be a leak in the air intake, hole in air filter, a disconnected vacuum hose.

I recently found a disconnected vacuum line in my Jeep for the cruise control. A rubber elbow had fallen apart due to old age rubber and I needed a new one. It was not obvious, had to do some digging around in the engine area.

Nice numbers and it goes beyond what Subaru currently recommends for an OCI, 6000mi.

Does your 2014 Forester ever consume oil?

Originally Posted By: Tukrahman
First post here in a decade.

Well...it's about time!

welcome2.gif

Did you add any oil during the OCI? My gf has a '15 and it is consuming some.

It seems Subaru backed off the recommended 7500mi oci due more to consumption issues than over concerns for oil life.

I added about a quart that oil change. So far this oil change I've added a full quart and still have 4000 miles left. I'm not concerned. This is the wife and child's car so nothing gets a chance to be low or neglected.

~D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back