Pentofrost coolant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any experience with Pentofrost products? They make quite a few custom formulas for Asian vehicles.

I use Pentofrost for VW G13 applications in my Jetta and daughter's Passat. I change it with timing belt changes at about 100k miles, and it holds up well in that interval. I don't have experience with Pentofrost for Asian applications, but Pentosin makes excellent products and I'd expect that would be the case here.

I've only used their coolant in my Mercedes C350(when I had it - a few years ago). I needed some "special formula" because it was a Mercedes and Pentofrost made one, so I bought what I had to.

Pentofrost is great stuff, but a bit expensive. I used their A3 coolant (blue Honda) and it's probably rebottled OEM and it even said "Made in Japan" on it.

Another alternative is Recochem OEM brand (available at Pep Boys) $20 for full-strength concentrate, including Honda Blue and Toyota Pink which are only available as 50/50 anywhere else.

Good stuff. NAPA has a good selection for some hard to find types. Order on line and pick up in store for better price.

I use A1 in Toyota and Lexus vehicles. It is much easier to get and slightly cheaper than the Toyota branded "Red" at Carquest and MUCH cheaper than most dealers.

From what I can tell from going through the data sheets a while ago, the A"x" variants seem to be just the same fluid with the unique makers color dyed, and all seem like the same Toyota Red LLC in chemistry.

I used it once when I needed to top off my coolant and I did not feel like driving 40 minutes each way to Toyota dealership.

It was a blueish color if I recall. It had the exact same ingredients on the label as Toyota's Pink Ultra LongLife except the chemical used for PH buffering was slightly different.

It worked great no issues at all. I still have the original water pump, thermostat, radiator etc on my 2005 Camry. If it was going to cause harm it would have by now since that was about 4 years ago.

The Pentofrost is concentrate you need to add distilled water to it.

I had to use 3/4 of the bottle. Until it mixed well it had that blue color in the reservoir but after a while it went pink like the rest of the fill.

Pentofrost comes in red, green, and blue for various Asian apps. Some is concentrate, some 50/50. NAPA has it or can get it. Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back