Liqui-Moly Engine Detox Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does this product rate?

And is there a point to using it?

I have a 6G74 Mitsubishi Diamante with 130,000 miles on it.
Running Shell Helix Ultra 5w40 at 6k intervals.

Also, is there any benefit to using Mobil 1 5w50 over the Shell Helix?

What are you trying to detox? Seriously are you having any problems or do you know you have varnish, sludge, or deposits to clean? If not I'd leave well enough alone.

Decent product, however, I would recommend their Pro-Line Engine Flush, which is more concentrated.

The engine runs well and has no sludge, but it does have varnish.

There were areas under the rocker covers that had a build up of something like wet ash that I could easily rub off, and diesel fuel cleaned it easily. I have done a flush after spotting that so I am hoping this isn't there anymore.

Originally Posted By: Spetz
The engine runs well and has no sludge, but it does have varnish.

There were areas under the rocker covers that had a build up of something like wet ash that I could easily rub off, and diesel fuel cleaned it easily. I have done a flush after spotting that so I am hoping this isn't there anymore.

If you cleaned what you saw and did a flush I'd say you're GTG. Just stick with a good oil and a sensible OCI and you should be fine.

Honestly, another idle flush might be fine for OCD purposes. I second Falcon's comment about their Pro-Line Engine Flush. Let the car idle for about 15-20 minutes before your next oil change if you go with a product additive like that; as most of the solvent starts to flash off while hopefully taking with it (putting into suspension in the oil/crankcase) that which you are trying to cleanse away.

In an area with splash lubrication and does have moving parts, I can totally understand the desire to be as clean as you can since you verified a condition, did some cleaning and aren't wanting to do another manual diesel fuel cleaning.

What you did probably is enough, but if you "just want to" go with an idle flush similar to what Falcon suggested. I have used that product and also Amsoil's flush with decent results (more insols in the UOAs as well as apparent / visible deposits when draining the used oil from the catch pan to the container for recycling). However, this is typically in a new to me used vehicle I'm bringing up on maintenance and when there is evidence of lapse of service (long dino oil changes/not topping off etc) that manual cleaning may not get all.

You know liqui-moly makes an engine flush, just use that and be done with.

Then you can inspect under the. Valve cover and see how much it cleaned

What is the difference between the detox and engine flush additive?

I just assumed the detox was a more powerful engine flush?

Originally Posted By: Spetz
What is the difference between the detox and engine flush additive?...

The detox is for an engine that had been on crack!
smile.gif

So if I am confident that my engine has stayed off the crack then I don't need the detox? A bit confused as to how it works.

Liqui Moly has several engine cleaning products, ranging from less concentrated flushes (Engine Flush) to clean-as-you-drive additives mixed in with the oil ~125 miles before an oil change (Oil Sludge Flush) to highly concentrated products for commerical use (Pro-Line Engine Flush).

Engine Detox is basically Motor Clean with a different label. I beleive the Detox name is used in Australia and New Zealand. It's more concentrated than Engine Flush (white bottle), but not as concentrated as the Pro-Line Engine Flush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back