Constructors
Mercedes, 242
Ferrari, 158 (-84)
Williams, 81 (-161)

For more please check out the full post on TOV Motorsports

07_Canada_E_300DPI-886x498.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: weasley
I'm fondly reminded of Button hunting down Vettel in 2011.

That was quite a race. I think the circuit itself is kind of awkward but it does usually have lots of action.

I love this Grand Prix, mostly because I don't have to wake up at 0430 to watch it live.

I really wish the NASCAR Busch/Nationwide/XFinity series still raced at this circuit. Watching Jacques Villeneuve throw caution to the wind in the hairpin and divebomb other cars.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I love this Grand Prix, mostly because I don't have to wake up at 0430 to watch it live.

01.gif
11.gif

Originally Posted By: billt460
Hamilton's boners continue in practice. He just pile drived the tire barrier on slicks in a downpour.

He was on intermediates, and the rain came down much harder than they thought it would. I suppose you could have avoided the laws of physics and kept the car on the track? It clearly wasn't Lewis' fault.

Originally Posted By: Patman
He was on intermediates, and the rain came down much harder than they thought it would. I suppose you could have avoided the laws of physics and kept the car on the track? It clearly wasn't Lewis' fault.

You're both right and wrong. I stand corrected on the tires. He was on Intermediates. But if it wasn't his fault, who's fault was it? His crew wasn't driving the car, he was. He was clearly overdriving the conditions, car, and tires. He had plenty of time to slow down. Most all of the other drivers had enough sense to not even go out in conditions like that in practice, because there is nothing to be learned. How many cars did you see behind him??

This should be another good race. I'm hoping for a few SCs to see how Mercedes and Lewis react.

Originally Posted By: Reggaemon
With Vettels poor grid position I'm afraid he will have contact in the first two laps.

Perhaps. I think if he can get around the 2 Manor cars without incident, he should be alright.

Yes I hope Vettel can get to the first tire change without incident.
Maybe this will be Kimi's day to be on the podium.

Last edited:
On of the things I like about F1 is the time they race. I DVR the races. I get up, do a few things around the house, then watch the race. I'm usually done by noon. I always look forward to coffee and F1.

Canada is usually a pretty good race. Good chance we'll see a safety car which could shake things up.

This year was terrible when it came to commercials. Each time something interesting looked to be transpiring, TSN cut into commercial. Sebastian hits the pits early, during commercial. There's a tiny picture in picture from TSN, but you have no idea what's going wrong with the stop. A couple of the incidents were marred by commercial, too, especially when they're reporting the response from race control. Oh, and if the radio message bug shows up on the screen, particularly when you think it might be something interesting, that's a cue for TSN to cut to commercial. Idiots.

McLaren has found an unusual way to be both slow and unreliable. Alonso seems to becoming apart at the seams. The honeymoon is over, and I can't wait to watch it go down!

Originally Posted By: whip
McLaren has found an unusual way to be both slow and unreliable. Alonso seems to becoming apart at the seams. The honeymoon is over, and I can't wait to watch it go down!

I think they'd take a Renault engine right now...

FFS how can Honda be this terrible with a whole season to have had an engine ready to go???? No power, no reliability, and now apparently no fuel efficiency. I expected some "issues" in their first season but this is turning into a fracking dumpster fire!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back