Kumho Sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any experience with these? Looking at them in 195/60/15 for my Saturn. Sears has them on sale for $58,regular price is $86. Everything else around that price seems to be some unheard of Chinese brand.

Product Overview:
Sidewall Treatment:BW, blackwall
Stud Capability:No
Tire Quality:Standard
Season:All Season Tires
Specifications:
Traction Grade:A
Temperature Grade:B
Load Index:88 1235 lbs.
Speed Rating:H 130 mph
Overall Diameter (in.):24.2
Tire Size:195-60-15
Performance Grade:Standard Touring
Treadlife:40,000 Miles
Tread Depth in inches:9/32
Treadwear Grade:520

kumho-sense-kr26-2.jpg

Kumho makes some of their tires in China as well.

I had the Kumho's Ecsta ASX on the KIA they were made in Korea. Very nice tires for the price I think I paid 65 each they were on sale.

I'm not sure about the Sense ones. It seems to be a cheaper alternative to the Solus. I could be wrong but maybe someone else can help.

It's a good buy for $58/ea. It's sure not as good as others cost twice as much or more. For your 2000 Saturn SC2 it probably a good fit.

Last edited:
I had Kumho Platinum's on a civic. They were junk and would spin in anything but dry. Snow was real bad but even stop lights in rain spin without trying. Personally I would stay away.

These tires are pretty new for the market. Therefore, there is going to be very limited experience with them. Instead-expect bashing and other recommendations.

The Sense is probably a decent tire, and like you said, better than anything else in the price range.

But really, if you can, try and get better tires like the RT43, Cooper CS3, Goodyear Fuel Max, or the Dunlop Signature II. All of the above are US-made, in your size.

Well, I decided to do something totally different. I found these Douglas Xtra Trac II at Walmart for 49 bucks each. They seem to get great reviews and they're USA made so I decided to give them a shot. They have almost all terrain like tread pattern, which is great for me since I live out in the sticks on a dirt road and it can get muddy sometimes. We have a tire machine and balancer at my work so I just picked them up and put them on myself.

I have them on a low milage 1995 Corolla (185-70R 14). They're smooth, quiet, ride very well and are a tremendous improvement over no name tires on the car beforehand. They balanced up nicely without the need for much weight. They're GREAT for the money.

Originally Posted By: Powerglide
I have them on a low milage 1995 Corolla (185-70R 14). They're smooth, quiet, ride very well and are a tremendous improvement over no name tires on the car beforehand. They balanced up nicely without the need for much weight. They're GREAT for the money.

You're right about the balancing. The largest weight I had to use was a .75 ounce, and one of them only needed .25 ounce.

moto94536

He paid 49.00 a piece from Walmart and no freight charges.....

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
Well, I decided to do something totally different. I found these Douglas Xtra Trac II at Walmart for 49 bucks each. They seem to get great reviews and they're USA made so I decided to give them a shot. They have almost all terrain like tread pattern, which is great for me since I live out in the sticks on a dirt road and it can get muddy sometimes. We have a tire machine and balancer at my work so I just picked them up and put them on myself.

From the pictures I think you should add few PSI to the front. With a little higher pressure on the front the steering respond will be a little faster.

Everything else around that price seems to be some unheard of Chinese brand.

You could try increasing your budget and get some decent tires instead. Many manufacturers still make tires in the US. Michelin, Yokohama, General, Dunlop still do, but it depends on the actual tire size.

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
Everything else around that price seems to be some unheard of Chinese brand.

You could try increasing your budget and get some decent tires instead. Many manufacturers still make tires in the US. Michelin, Yokohama, General, Dunlop still do, but it depends on the actual tire size.

Continental as well.. There is a plant about an hour away from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back