What's your most and least favorite fish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Favorite - Mahi Mahi, Shark, Sea Bass, Monkfish, and Wahoo
Least Favorite - Marlin, Salmon, and GoldFish

Interesting fact - Tilapia is the only fish that is found on every continent

To fish for: Musky

To eat: Nearly all shark, marlin, and freshwater perch.

Hard to beat a good fried cod "fish and chips" style though too.

On my plate?

Fav: fried yellow tailed snapper or salted cod

least: pickled hearing

Originally Posted By: Benito
I like Wild Salmon, Halibut, Smoked Mackerel, raw Salmon and Tuna.
Tuna has a lot of Mercury in it and must be eaten in moderation.

I don't think I've eaten an fatty fish smoked that I didn't like. Salmon, mackerel, white fish, trout, all are addictive.
We ice fish a lot for trout, and sometimes perch which are always good too. Cod is nice, especially the cheeks!
I try to avoid farmed fish, but trout is OK, I have no interest in even trying tilapia though...
Fresh water Bass is probably my least favorite wild fish we catch so I don't eat those unless that's all there is.
Skate is my least favorite salt water fish I've had so far, just don't like the texture at all.

My most favorite: Florida pompano, triggerfish fried in peanut oil, grilled black grouper and grilled chicken dolphin or mahi. Blackened redfish cooked outdoors in an old cast iron skillet on a Coleman stove with homemade hushpuppies. Grilled bacon-wrapped cobia filets.

My least favorite would have to be mullet. Amberjack is kind of nasty too. And I am not a huge fan of speckled trout either. I caught a good size speck one night under the Perdido Key bridge in Pensacola, and when I cleaned it it had a whole 3 inch grub tail jig in its belly. It had swallowed the jig head and all and its meat was wormy. Had holes in it like Swiss cheese.

If any of you live near a Bonefish Grill they have a parmesan crusted pompano right now that is some of the best fish I have ever eaten. Mrs. Jimmy had it when we went to dinner there last Saturday.

This thread seems fishy.
smile.gif

There's a Bonefish grill up here but I doubt they have any pompano. I'll check though to make sure. That sounds good.

Last edited:
Like: Tuna, sea bass, cod, amberjack, redfish, salmon, mahi-mahi, farm-raised catfish

Dislike: tilapia, almost all freshwater fish.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Tuna has a lot of Mercury in it and must be eaten in moderation.

"A lot" is an overstatement.. You'd have to eat a lot more tuna than you could stand for it to become a measurable health risk.

Oilfish once a year. Gindara

Boneless milkfish and its belly.

Mackarel

Dulum

Tuna tail or tuna head plus the eyes and egg sack

Im asian 😊

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Flounder, the "floor mat" size. I notice nobody's said "Scrod" yet.

Scrod or Schrod haha.

Hard to beat a good baked haddock or a smoked salmon. The only fish I don't really care for is catfish. Beyond that I love it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back