eagle one mag wheel cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tried this stuff and am impressed. PO put aftermarket wheels on my pickup, which I probably wouldn't have done, but that's how it came. They've looked like junk for the past 5 years or so that I've owned it and I have tried to get them clean, but was just using elbow grease. Sprayed this stuff on there and my wheels are shiny and silver color again (better than I've ever seen them.) The fronts had massive amounts of brake dust that would not come off and the back were just dingy. Only thing to remember with this is to use it only on wheels that do not have a clear coat.

I was nervous at first to use it because I know it has hydrofluoric acid in it which is scary stuff. That was used in a metals plant that I used to work at in the pickle room. it was mixed with nitric acid and it could eat any metal and the hydrofluoric acid really messes you up if you get it on you. I don't know what concentration this cleaner has, but it was really a spray on and rinse off deal. I made sure to wear my nitrile gloves

Congrats, that is neat that all the neglect was put to rest with a simple spraying.

I have their aluminum wheel cleaner and it removed alot of the dirt and dust rather easily, but still arent nearly as brilliantly looking as you describe. To be fair, afterwords I tried metal polish and didnt get much improvement, so maybe mag is more resilient than alum. Which are stronger I wonder?

How is the BBF? Those are pretty rare, aren't they?

I'm a big fan of the 460, they are pretty common around here. I use it to tow a 30' 5th wheel, it takes the mountain passes just fine. I can lock it into 2nd and pull the hills at 55, that's about 3700 RPM. I get about 10mpg unloaded and 6-8 when towing, that's the down side of the big beast

The previous owner removed the cat, not something I would have done but it's done and there's no emission testing here. I have a single three inch exhaust with a 70 series Flowmaster (I had it put on in place of a 50 series and 4" pipe that was on it when I bought it) It sounds pretty good, but it has the stock cam. Sounds pretty good when pulling the hills and doesn't make your ears ring for a few days after like the old exhaust did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back