Where are you getting motorcycle tires online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the past, I've purchased several pair of motorcycle tires from Dennis Kirk, but they just shipped me a two year old front tire, and then I had to deal with a horrible customer service rep on the return. This "new" tire was older than the worn out front tire on there now.

For some reason, in her world, this was all my fault...since it was impossible that they would ship me a tire that old. Well, someone in their warehouse found it, and I was the lucky one who got it. If they had a warehouse manager with a clue, and if they'd properly rotate their stock, it wouldn't be an issue. But, as I said before, this was all my fault.

So, they've lost my future business. And that's a shame, but that's the way it is.

Not sure who to buy from now.

I see that AMT (americanmototire) has the lowest price, ans free shipping... but how are they to deal with?

I haven't bought tires from them specifically, but I did buy a bunch of other motorcycle stuff from revzilla.com before. Their customer service is great, and they do price match other vendors.

Another option would be Motorcycle Superstore.

It is more likely that Dennis Kirk bought someone who was going out of business's old stock. Depending on the manufacturer (Michelin being the prime example), I often have to wait until they produce a new batch, for the tire to be shipped. So I generally get a pair for my long distance bike a few months before I need them.

Customer service with the online MC tire stores has generally gone downhill. Actual shipping is pretty good.....They just don't tell you that they are out of stock, when you order.

I used to use SWMototires used to be excellent....Then they changed hands, and customer service stopped.

The best I can say is.....Try the place with the lowest price, and report back. I know I will be watching.

Mc superstore, rmatv.com, Motosport, etc. Never an issue. The bigger tire manufacturers typically proved a cash back Visa card promo in late winter early spring which I use to buy a set or two each year (off road use).

i buy full bore usa tires on ebay because the roads in my area (and the 116*f days) destroy tires...

when i had my first harley in highschool the tires rotted off before they wore out...

now they get chewed up from the afternoon heat after work...

Local shop. ive never paid more than $300 for tires, $280 rear $210 front ?? not in my world.

In a pinch I ordered online once.. once.

I get my tires from local independent shop- the guy that owns it is the mechanic. I pay a bit more, but it is worth it. I also think that if I don't patronize local business, they won't be there when I need them. He also had a comment when we talked about people bringing in new tires for him to mount- "nobody brings food to a restaurant and expects them to cook it for less".

Last edited:
I have friends that work in local Dealerships. Without my even asking, they will price match the best online prices, and include dismounting the old tire, mounting the new tire, and balancing the tire at no extra charge, as long as the wheels are off the bike.

I'm also supporting my friends.

There's just no incentive for me to buy tires online.

I've only ordered motorcycle tires once, they were from Revzilla and I had pretty good service. They even called me to verify that I wanted the size I ordered since the 150 rear doesn't fit stock on my little GS500.

I actually didn't check the date code, but I assume the tires were pretty fresh since the specific model line was just released not long before I ordered.

Try tires-easy.com . I have used them for tires for my fleet. N o motorcycle tires however. They are the US branch of the largest tire distributor in Europe. FWIW

Oldtommy

I'd like to keep the business local. I used to have the independent dealer do all of my M/C tires... but the owner got married, closed up shop, and moved away with the new missus.

So, my only local option is the dealer. And when they tell me $550 for a pair installed, with a straight face... then I'm not going to waste my time or theirs.

I have a local guy do all of my mounting and balancing. He does it on the side to help other riders out, along with repairs.

My uncle gets tires from Bike Bandit or Revzilla...he mounts his own. He does this because the local shop carries a very limited selection (IIRC, they only sell Bridgestone & Pirelli) and zero inventory for anything but sportbikes.

Last purchases were a pair of Viper Strikes for a Buell Blast and two Shinkos and tubes for his Triple...no issues, fresh tires (about 6 months old in both cases), and I think free shipping.

I buy online from the local store. They have decent, competitive price and they join the new internet world of things. Welcome to the net folks!

Last edited:
Bike Bandit for me.

The restaurant analogy is strained. There is a huge variety of tires available for most every conceivable use. Imagine asking your local diner to stock 30 kinds of potatoes so you can get exactly what you want. How practical is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back