Dodge Dart 2.0L 2013 Rear Left Light Housing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I went to NTC, Fort Irwin about two months ago,
In the process, we had hella hail at Fort Hood and no damage was done except for a cracked left rear tail light assembly,
Small crack turned into a larger crack last week, and addition of rain = Water getting into the housing.
TODAY I get the rapid interior light and warning that it is out.
I checked it, Wasn't out,
And now it isn't working.

I hopefully ordered the right part from RockAuto http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=4956978&cc=1504426&jnid=455&jpid=2

hopefully this works. I have the LED race lamps that are optional on the car.

And local dodge dealers want 500-750$ to change it, or 400$ for the part.

Any Idea on how to change this?

And now its working.
Moisture, to my best guess, is shorting out the connection. Well. Hopefully this bad boy doesnt get me pulled over by the time rock auto gets here.

I Wonder how to change the lights.on the inside? Being leds and not a bulb

Hopefully that water doesn't lead to the TiPM shorting out and failing,causing another $900 repair.

Ive gotten most of the water out with a shop vac. The lights working again. Repaired with clear packing tape, rock auto order should get here by friday. Thank goodness

Came in today.
It was a generic brand, Took it out of the box and it appeared identical to the OEM one.
Figured out how to replace. Fairly simple, take the corner of the trunk liner, a few plastic clips leads to the plug, unplug the outlet, I took a gerber to the two small bolts, removed, voilà came right out...
The brand I got was made in Thailand, the OEM part is made in mexico and are totally 100% identical. Even down to molding markings on the inside. Crazy.
Pretty glad theres more aftermarket pproducts coming out. This cost 180. OEM would of been from 250-600$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back