Question about hths and relation to wear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice vid. Too bad they didn't show the parts from the other engines, nor provide measurements from any of them. Sorta eliminates the possible utility of the vid...

Originally Posted By: bulwnkl
Nice vid. Too bad they didn't show the parts from the other engines, nor provide measurements from any of them. Sorta eliminates the possible utility of the vid...

This one goes into a little more detail showing some of the parts from the other engines, not to the same detail however.
https://youtu.be/hWlRjvVNEIw
As far as measurements, if the crosshatch is still in the cylinder and there is minimal visible wear after 500K+ miles, I'd say the lower HTHS oil is doing it's job. Makes me wonder what all the hand wringing about the lower HTHS energy saving oils is all about.

No reason to avoid providing comparative data if the experimental oil is protecting as well or better.

So am still left wanting to know if 6 is better than half of a dozen or would I be better off with two sets of three. I've got a buddy that read on the internet that if I get a case of 24 and only use a quarter of the case that it is best of all. I'd really like to do that but I don't know what to do with other 3/4s of the case. What do you guys think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back