Woman intentionally runs over & kills motorcyclist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't look good but we don't know what happened before hand. I don't see what his occupation has to do with it. Tragic in any case.

He made the CHOICE to ride a motorcycle. He was road raging with a person in a VEHICLE.

He was responsible for his death. If they had separated after the incident, that would have been the best.

Everyone knows you are less protected riding a motorcycle vs a automobile.

That is like if I flew over to ISIS unarmed and tell a militant officer armed with machetes and guns how awesome the U.S. is, then we get in a fight, what do you think would happen once escalated? Would you all be boo hooing for me if I got killed?

I knew the dangers, but took the risk, motorcyclist know the dangers, and take the risk. You want to road rage with machines that can kill you, go for it.

Last edited:
Seems likely to be an issue of young entitled woman screws up, motorcyclist kicks her car (Which is.....Unlikely.....I have attempted this manuever, and do not recommend it, when in motion) or in some way contacts it, probably to warn her from merging into him....And is then chased down and killed by said enraged entitled woman.

The guy should have known better than to stay in the same neighborhood as the assasin. His motorcycle would have taken him well away from possible harm.....there is no possible way I would let a car catch me, when I am on a motorcycle. A Panigale splitting traffic would easily disappear from an angry female child, in an econbox.

"He kicked her car"...then she struck him...

In the case of road rage, both parties have a responsibility to de-escalate the conflict. If you're on a Ducati...you don't have to hang around...you can leave...you can and should disengage.

If you take a traffic dispute and escalate it to the physical, if you kick a person's car, then you're inviting the conflict....and you have some responsibility in the outcome...

His occupation is irrelevant. It has no bearing on this case...only his actions are relevant...

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
He made the CHOICE to ride a motorcycle. He was road raging with a person in a VEHICLE.

He was responsible for his death. If they had separated after the incident, that would have been the best.

That is like if I flew over to ISIS unarmed and tell a militant officer armed with machetes and guns how awesome the U.S. is, then we get in a fight, what do you think would happen once escalated? Would you all be boo hooing for me if I got killed?

I knew the dangers, but took the risk, motorcyclist know the dangers, and take the risk. You want to road rage with machines that can kill you, go for it.

So.....You are taking her account at face value. I am here to tell you, there may have been contact, but it is extremely unlikely that he kicked her car. It is very difficult to do, on a bike while in motion, and almost impossible from the contorted perch that is a Ducati.

No.....She is a precious little snowflake that has been told she is a winner and has never been taken to task for anything she did wrong, up until now......So she is entitled to kill, if she bumps her car into someone.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
His occupation is irrelevant. It has no bearing on this case...only his actions are relevant...

By even mentioning this in the story - and the female reporter even said, "one of our local heroes" - bias has been introduced. You'd be lying if you said you didn't automatically decide it was HER fault at that moment.

This is the problem, to me, with entertainment that masquerades as news today.

Originally Posted By: 4wheeldog

So.....You are taking her account at face value. I am here to tell you, there may have been contact, but it is extremely unlikely that he kicked her car. It is very difficult to do, on a bike while in motion, and almost impossible from the contorted perch that is a Ducati.

No.....She is a precious little snowflake that has been told she is a winner and has never been taken to task for anything she did wrong, up until now......So she is entitled to kill, if she bumps her car into someone.

We will find out in court, all the facts. May common sense prevail. Surprised the "lane splitting" pro/con crowd has not shown up.

Last edited:

HE made the choice to ride a motorcycle, so it is HIS fault?? Where does your logic come from?? From the description, she was following him and rammed him from the rear and then ran over him. Sounds like maybe he was tryinng to "move on". One doesn't normally anticipate a motorist ramming and then running over you.

Originally Posted By: loneryder

HE made the choice to ride a motorcycle, so it is HIS fault?? Where does your logic come from?? From the description, she was following him and rammed him from the rear and then ran over him. Sounds like maybe he was tryinng to "move on". One doesn't normally anticipate a motorist ramming and then running over you.

Do you ride? Seriously, a responsible motorcyclist ALWAYS anticipates people will drive out in front of you, in to you, and to kill you.... that is how you avoid a bad day on the streets...

Last edited:

Good post.

A man was struck from behind, and run over. He died shortly after.Those are the facts. By a woman who appeared to not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. If the bike rider was in front of her, either stopped or in motion he couldn't have posed a danger or threat to her safety. She chose to ram him then purposely run him over. Nobody at this point knows if they knew each other, or just had a case of I'm not going to let you get away with anything I feel is not right. She will get her day in court and a price will have to be paid. Knowing what happened and what will happen, why does everyone feel the need to attack others with their nasty attitude toward other members? None of it will help either of those people now.,,

You cannot be held accountable for enticing your own murder. He doesn't deserve to get murdered because he was riding a motorcycle. He could have been riding his dog down the road and still not deserve it. she used a car to kill someone. He did not deserve it and she did it so she is quilty of murder. No mate what someone says to you, you just can't kill them.

We will find out in court, all the facts. May common sense prevail. Surprised the "lane splitting" pro/con crowd has not shown up.

Lane splitting is still legal (More precisely, not ILlegal) in CA, so it would have been a reasonable and logical way to escape. I doubt the victim knew that she was after him.....I have slapped a few cars that invaded my lane, without anyone getting angry.....Most people realize they have made a mistake, and are apologetic. It is likely he thought the contact was incidental, no harm, no foul. It is hard to read other driver's minds.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
She'll get 3 months in jail, 2 years probation, 3 years no license.

You are probably correct, though the 3 months of actual incarceration are unlikely. The next time she kills someone, she will actually see some real consequences. It seems the first one is a freebie, these days.

If she was not as the report stated drunk and not on drugs then defending her actions will be more difficult.

Another local report stated that she tried to leave the scene and was purposely blocked in by other motorists until the CHP arrived.

Believe me, they will figure all this out.

A five mile rolling conflict involving a highly trained spec ops guy and a woman?

I love and support our heroes, but he forget his basic life training somewhere about the first mile.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel

Good post.

Isn't that like saying; you chose to drive a car instead of a semi therefore it's your fault and the irritated semi driver shouldn't be held accountable because you drove an econobox. If you, with intent, drive into someone and kill them it's murder regardless of what they drive.

Smoky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back