Lint-Free Drying Towel ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. What do you guys use to dry your car off with?
2. Which is better: microfiber or leather chamois?
3. Is this drying towel from Target any good?

I need to find something better because the current bath
towel that I'm using leaves lint fuzz all over the car.

Every microfiber I've used, no matter how well washed and non-fabric softener treated, leave micro bead trails of water and doesn't absorb like cotton or the sun chamois.

So I use "the Absorber" a synthetic chamois.

Originally Posted By: ronbo
I use a California Water Blade then a micro fiber towel.

^^This is what I do as well. Those blades are with their weight in gold!

Same here!
smile.gif

I also use a separate microfiber towel to "spray detail" after drying!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
1. What do you guys use to dry your car off with?

The Absorber. It holds a lot of water, is lint-free, and does not scratch the paint.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

^^This is what I do as well. Those blades are with their weight in gold!

I use:

1) California Water Blade

2) Dry off using my Backpack Leaf Blower, getting all the crevices.
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

3) Then Microfiber off the remaining.

I blow the car off with my electric handheld leaf blower that I use for only drying cars and blowing out the garage. Then I dry the windows with a microfiber towel, then use a separate towel with some wax as you dry product (currently Griots) to dry off the rest of the car.

I get the large packs of Micro Fiber towels at costco and Sams Club for detailing and drying small parts of the car off. I usually get the leaf blower out and within a few mins car is practically dry.

Hint about micro fiber towels. I reuse mine over and over again but found that if wife washes them with fabric softener then they don't absorb nearly as well. I usually wash them in hot soapy water and white vinegar. seems to remove the waxy residue and stuff from them and they absorb fairly well.

Originally Posted By: jstutz
I get the large packs of Micro Fiber towels at costco and Sams Club for detailing and drying small parts of the car off. I usually get the leaf blower out and within a few mins car is practically dry.

Hint about micro fiber towels. I reuse mine over and over again but found that if wife washes them with fabric softener then they don't absorb nearly as well. I usually wash them in hot soapy water and white vinegar. seems to remove the waxy residue and stuff from them and they absorb fairly well.

Good Point! also, I don't wash the MF towels I use for removing wax and polish with the MF towels I use for drying,
31.gif

Merk, try the Armor All Drying towel (in the plastic container) if you can still find it. It's a microfiber technology type thing, but feels more like a chamois. It does a pretty incredible job, at least in my experience. I don't usually wipe, though, that's what spot free rinse is for. I wipe down only if I'm going to be waxing or sealing or something like that.

Good news guys.
55.gif

I went to Pep Boys and got this towel. I tried it out today and it works fantastic. I draped it over the top of the car like a chammy and pulled it across. It stretches a little as you're pulling on it which I found interesting. Soaks up the water real good and leaves NO lint.
55.gif

Personally, I wouldn't want to be standing in water with an electric leaf blower. Same reason that I vacuum my interior before washing my vehicles. I don't want to be standing in water while doing so!

I have tried the gas powered leaf blower but, often became absolutely exhausted trying to get'er stated just to blow off some water. And, it only worked marginally at best. I've also tried my air compressor with similar results. I like the water blade and then, microfiber towel the remainder!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back