residue on antifreeze cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Trav
You wont see it on brand new on the lot engines they need to get a few miles on them, its usually only a very small amount although some Chrysler engines have been reporting clogged hear cores and such.
Yours is very little and nothing to loose sleep over from what i can tell.

I'd believe Trav's observation on this, however if you don't feel comfortable with it, I would take it to the dealership and have them just look at it, state your concern, and make sure they
document the concern on an RO which goes in their system and
you also get a copy, in the remote chance that it really is a issue that becomes a actual problem you have the documentation of it very early so even if the car goes out of warranty there is a very good chance Ford will do a "good will" repair. Just my 2 cents.

Originally Posted By: Trav
You wont see it on brand new on the lot engines they need to get a few miles on them, its usually only a very small amount although some Chrysler engines have been reporting clogged hear cores and such.
Yours is very little and nothing to loose sleep over from what i can tell.

Would you wipe it off? Or drain and refill or just let it be if it was yours?

I would just get it noted at the dealer, wipe it off and forget it.
It can only be one of two things, some sort of sealer used at the factor or casting sand. AFAIK Ford doesn't use any sealer.

Any sort of small particles usually find their way to the cap area over time because of the regular cycling of the pressure cap.
I wouldn't bother a flush and fill, it it were mine, just wait till the recommended interval.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back