Repair leather on dash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grabbed a board at HD, put it in car and rested it on the dash of 14 Camry. The buggar put a little tiny rip in the leather (is it real leather?).

Any advice/recommendations for repairing it?

Last edited:
Depending on the type of cut, it can be repaired. We have a guy that comes to the lot and does all our light trim repair, he does all the dealers in the area.

We are going through that right now actually at my work. A detail guy was using a razor blade to slice a label off the windshield of a 2015 F350 Lariat and the blade slipped right into the dash. Of course it was on an area of the leather that is only serviced with a complete dashboard.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

We are going through that right now actually at my work. A detail guy was using a razor blade to slice a label off the windshield of a 2015 F350 Lariat and the blade slipped right into the dash. Of course it was on an area of the leather that is only serviced with a complete dashboard.

Or... offer a customer a couple of hundred off if they take THAT ONE... probably way easier than dashboard, labour and the ineveitable squeek and rattle complaints to follow...

Originally Posted By: geeman789
Or... offer a customer a couple of hundred off if they take THAT ONE... probably way easier than dashboard, labour and the ineveitable squeek and rattle complaints to follow...

Ya, on a US$70K truck he wants perfection. Out of my hands, I quoted the $1200 dash, up to sales, service, and the customer to make the call.

Ya, on a US$70K truck he wants perfection. Out of my hands, I quoted the $1200 dash, up to sales, service, and the customer to make the call.

There is your problem... putting " $ 70 k ..." and "truck..." in the same sentence... lol.

Do people really pay that for a truck... ?

I know where I live, the resale on a 2 to 5 year old truck, any brand, is BRUTAL... the cost per mile gets silly when depreciation is factored in.

But our local redneck rig-rocket ( lifted truck with at least 35" tires...) crowd can't seem to do the math... or simply doesn't care.

Hey, to each his own...!

Dashes are normally vinyl not leather and repair is possible but it might still show just look better. Might find a wreck with a nice dash to replace it.

I still think spending $70k on a truck that isn't a dump truck to make money with is insane.
Sterling-LT9513-17694.jpg

This truck at least is not a waste of $70k.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back