Sig P320

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seriously considering buying one once I can justify it to my wife. Anyone out there had a chance to put 1,000 rounds through one yet? If so, how'd it perform?

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
I don't understand why you have to justify what you buy to anybody if you are paying for it with your own money.

How long have you been married?

Originally Posted By: Astro14
I don't understand why you have to justify what you buy to anybody if you are paying for it with your own money.

Going on 32 years for me. I just ordered a new rifle this morning. I didn't have to "justify" buying it to anyone. My wife asked what I was doing and I told her I was ordering a new rifle. The only thing she asked me was how long before it comes in?

Never been married. Been with the girlfriend 11 years and she never tells me if I can buy something or not. She says its my money, I made it and I spend it how I wish as long as I pay my share of the bills on time. I do the same with her. Works great for both of us.

In many marriages, but certainly not all, there is no "my". It's "our". Some couples embrace "our". Some couples stick with "my". Whatever works.

Because you are not married, I suspect you haven't moved to "our". And I don't say that negatively. Again, whatever works. But it explains why you don't understand it.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
In many marriages, but certainly not all, there is no "my". It's "our".

Guns are not considered marital property. At least not by the ATF. There can be no "Mr. & Mrs." on a 4473 form. So it's "my gun". Where the money came from to buy it is immaterial. In marriage, or in court. Ask any attorney. They are very concrete when they tell women NOT to remove any firearms from the home in a divorce, or other marital shenanigans, when they have been purchased by the husband. Most everything else equates to possession being 9/10ths of the law.

Originally Posted By: billt460
In many marriages, but certainly not all, there is no "my". It's "our".

Guns are not considered marital property.

Re-read the bit to which I was replying. I didn't say that guns are marital property. The topic was finances -- money. xxch4osxx said he didn't understand the concept of both parties agreeing to a purchase because he buys things with his own money, and his girlfriend does the same. My reply was in that context, the context of money. Many couples in marriage pool their money so that there is no more "his" or "hers", but "ours".

Obviously, if you have a permitted or regulated item like a firearm, there can be only one owner of record.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Where the money came from to buy it is immaterial.

That was the context of my reply. To some couples, where the money comes from is very material.

Let me be clear again. My post was not about dual ownership of a firearm -- it was about dual "ownership" (or not) of personal finances.

To the OP, I haven't personally shot one of these, but I'd love to. It looks like an excellent firearm, and I don't think I've seen a negative review of it. One of the most unique things about it, besides the modular construction, is that it uses a solid trigger and striker-fired action on the same firearm. This isn't common -- nearly every striker-fired action handgun that I'm aware of uses some form of active trigger safety (jointed trigger or trigger shoe tang). It's interesting to me that the P320 does not.

To some couples, where the money comes from is very material.

Those are usually the couples that find themselves in lawyers offices fighting over material. It usually ends poorly for both.

This was intended to solicit thoughts on the firearm itself. The dynamic of peoples' marriages doesn't really apply. If we could stick to the P320, that would be great.

He He He. I was thinking the same thing.
In our marriage there is no your money and my money, its all our money. We discuss any major purchase over $100 bucks and we have a joint checking and a joint savings account.
Married 28 years this year.

What about the P320 intrigues you? There are, I'm sure you realize, many fine striker fired pistols made in America. I am not being jingoist, I have a nicely made Browning BLR (made by Miroku of Japan), but it's the ONLY one of it's type made that way. If one were made in America, I'd look at it first and hardest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back