AAP/Carquest Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been noticing more and more cross breeding between CARQUEST and AAP since the sale. One of the first things Ive noticed was the CARQUEST oil is now a different bottle and "Bottled for AAP" I knew CARQUEST used to be Ashland, but who is doing AAP's oil now?

Ive always leaned toward CARQUEST when it came to quality, especially if its a PITA to replace.

Hopefully they don't cheapen it up too much.

Eventually I can see AAP phasing out the Car Quest name and network,only problem is Car Quest stores are all franchises/independently owned,and AAP is all corporate owned.AAP would need to buy out all the CQ locations to occupy them as AAP stores,and that probably will never happen. Amalie also packages for Parts Plus,but only on the eastern part of the US,the west coast gets Ashland Oil products.Dont know if AAP/CQ is similar in nature...

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Eventually I can see AAP phasing out the Car Quest name and network,only problem is Car Quest stores are all franchises/independently owned,and AAP is all corporate owned.AAP would need to buy out all the CQ locations to occupy them as AAP stores,and that probably will never happen. Amalie also packages for Parts Plus,but only on the eastern part of the US,the west coast gets Ashland Oil products.Dont know if AAP/CQ is similar in nature...

I was talking to the local AAP whose shelves are loaded now with CARQUEST Parts. From how the manager understands it, AAP will be adopting the CARQUEST name on all of their parts, and AAP on the sign. CARQUEST stores will stay CARQUEST at least in the near future. In markets where AAP and CARQUEST are direct rivals, its anyone's guess. Most of the CARQUEST around here are tailored more to the commercial accounts, where as AAP is more walk-in

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back