Home humidity level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: sleddriver
Seems to have disappeared....no photos either.

Quote:
humidity in mid 60's. used to be mid 50's before.
Indoors??? You'd be dripping wet.

no, mid 60's is not too bad, not optimal though. this was weird as the issue went away. it stopped raining and the daily temps went up so the AC has a chance to work some more i guess. I still don't understand why the compressor didn't work once. may need to check the charge levels.

I beg to differ...mid 60's indoor humidity is really bad. You obviously don't use your AC much.

I suggest checking all wiring boxes, inside & outside, of your outdoor unit, and relays (contactors) as they may be filled with ants...

You obviously don't use your AC much.

Well, not all of us live in Texas. Up north, the temps aren't as high, and so the AC doesn't need to run as much either, and hence the higher humidity levels.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
You obviously don't use your AC much.

Well, not all of us live in Texas. Up north, the temps aren't as high, and so the AC doesn't need to run as much either, and hence the higher humidity levels.

True, but FJ lives in the South-East. Plenty of heat & humidity there. Further, he's using his AC, but receiving little, if any, benefits. Something's wrong with that.

OK, i have some answers for my issue, not sure how this applies to the OP.

this AM, compressor was not running again. i have 2 Lennox units, same series, different size, so i swapped the compressor caps. now both are running OK. I'm thinking the (made in china) cap (i bought one a couple years ago) deteriorated and had too low capacitance to reliably start the larger unit, but it's good enough for the smaller unit.

since everything is running fine again, the indoor humidity went back to mid 50's. i also checked the charge and it's a bit low on that. last time i charged was 4 years ago and looks the stop leak i used was not entirely successful. not sure if it's safe to repeat the stop leak at this point. I may need to consider a new unit too. this one is 18 years old.

OP mentioned the blower was replaced recently. These have several speeds that need to be selected based on the cooling coil during installation. They come from the factory maxed out. If the blower is too high for the cooling capacity, it will not remove the moisture. It is easy to check when you remove the cover and see what color blower wiring is plugged in. Compare it to the manual to see what is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back