AK-47 assembly line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for posting this. There's no chance that a spring will pop out and hit that comrade in eye is there? Anyone else thinking about an acronym that begins with "O"? Saw those "O" guys a lot in my years in power generation. The union folks liked to let management think they had a direct line to "O." I think they did.I haven't had that kind of a problem in almost twenty years and haven't missed it at all.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
The caption states that the US buys as many AK-47's as the Russian army from this factory.

Not anymore thanks to the sanctions.

Before the sanctions, 80% of their products were for civilian use and were exported to the US. After the sanctions, they have retooled their production and now about 20% is for civilian use and the rest is for military use. Apparently, they have become profitable after the sanctions, there is more money in military weapons than civilian weapons. 2014 was the first time in 7 years that they had a profit.

I wouldn't walk across the street for a free one. Just biased I guess.

Carried by junk troops around the world.

Originally Posted By: totegoat

Like Spetsnaz? There have been multiple tin pot dictators that have armed their men with M16's. Does that make the AR platform junk?

The gun floats or sinks on its own merits, not by who carries it. And if anything, the AK is used by junk troops because it is so bloody durable and takes abuse so well. It was designed to arm poorly educated and illiterate peasant armies.

Originally Posted By: totegoat

Junk troops?

Are these troops defending their homes from foreign invaders? Do these guns help keep their families safe from the threat of invaders pillaging?
Exactly what makes troops "junk"
Not all nations have huge military budgets yet they seem to be doing alright against the non junk western troops.
Do you think that says more about them,or more about the invader.
I think if some foreign government invaded my homeland,I would want a gun that shoots,so I could kill the invaders.
Think these junk troops have the same idea
As is being proven overseas all the tech in the world won't win the hearts and minds of the enemy,and all men bleed.

I mistakenly wrote troops. There are probably some righteous people defending themselves with AK's.

The majority of thugs are armed with communist weapons, as well as lost, stolen, captured, or black market American ordnance.

Sad for our young that are sent to deal with with these quagmires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back