DDM ******, your warned..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone can Figure out what business I am referring to, however im not spelling out the full name. they specialize in aftermarket HID.

So here is the Warning to my fellow BITOG'ers. I ordered a HID kit (not my first) from this company, The kit created error codes on my car, I contacted the company and they stated I needed a harness, I told them they were wrong, I already purchased a harness with my original order. They then decided to fix my problem I needed error code eliminators, after waiting two weeks for the items to arrive I installed them with no positive results. Still got error codes.. I called the company back and they said, Oh, you need resistors. Same thing, ordered, installed, didn't work. At this point im irritated and call back and im told, Oh, you need a different set of resistors.. I asked them if I ordered could they 100% guarantee me that it would fix my problem. No sir. I said well if you cant assure me it will fix it id just like to return it all. The tech reluctantly agreed to send me a email that contained forms that I must fill out in order to get a RMA number for a refund. I filled out the forms, returned them, waited.. nothing. a week later I contacted the company and asked about the status of my RMA # "WELL SIR. WE DONT HAVE ANYTHING IN THE COMPUTER FOR YOU" Were going to need you to fill out another set of papers and return them. I did fill out the papers, however I also started a claim with Pay-pal.

the below is a summary of the correspondence with the company via pay-pal dispute resolution center.

The Manager of the store responds to this above story with "were so sorry your having difficulty, I will have a customer service rep contact you asap to get you a RMA # for a refund"

3 days later a new representative emails me asking what make and model of car I have (and DDM declined my request via pay-pal for a refund)

I responded with. DDM, you'v had 3 orders to fix my problem and you have failed, now I simply want a refund. Your rep has already agreed to a refund however my claim has been denied. and your asking about my car again.

DDM MANAGER again responds via pay-pal dispute saying, were so sorry, we were only trying to solve the issue with you car, if youd like a refund we can go that route to.

Yes, id like a refund.

Manager, ok sending you a email. However 3 days later no email, no RMA NUMBER..

I escalated the pa-pal dispute at this point.

(me) Pay-Pal, could you please help out ? ive gotten no resolution, no email, no RMA #,no communication with the seller.

This morning I got a email from Pay-pal stating that after careful consideration I am entitled to a refund (and they included instructions on what I needed to do)

Victory.. but the point of this long winded story is this aftermarket parts seller will bend over backwards no to give you a refund on parts issues.. I had to file a claim through pay-pal and it was a long, drug out affair.

If your thinking about ordering any aftermarket automotive lighting I would look elsewhere.

I've always been really pleased with products/service at the retrofitsource.com

Originally Posted By: Mud
I've always been really pleased with products/service at the retrofitsource.com

same here, however ive only ordered a little bit from retrofit, and 3-4 kits from DDM. They burned this bridge forever with me.

Jeez, why should you have to engineer/ troubleshoot their product?

1) buy kit.
2) install.
3) Works?
4a) Yes, enjoy
4b) No? return, refund.

Oh the joys of marketing, it never ends. Shall we talk about insurance companies that stall and or never pay,,now we could go for miles on that...but that would be off topic....and that would bring out the politically correct crowd, so we dare not go there, amen?

I pay with credit cards that will go to bat for me if a product isn't satisfactory. That doesn't guarantee that I will be made whole but it helps in many cases. Some fly-by-night outfits working out of a garage in Tijuana don't care and would rather shut down and be reincarnated by moving down the block.

I shipped my product back and provided a tracking number. Pay-Pal states they are going to investigate (im sure confirm that the seller got their stuff back) before giving me my refund.

****** = "tuning" for $500 Alex.

If there is a lesson to be learned here folks...it is don't put a HID kit on your halogen reflector headlamp equipped vehicle. You get garbage beam patterns and poor compatibility as a result. The headlamp simply wasn't designed for it.
45.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Smokescreen

If there is a lesson to be learned here folks...it is don't put a HID kit on your halogen reflector headlamp equipped vehicle. You get garbage beam patterns and poor compatibility as a result. The headlamp simply wasn't designed for it.
45.gif

BINGO!

Want HID, LED, etc? Buy a vehicle that comes with them installed at the factory.

Originally Posted By: surfstar

45.gif

BINGO!

Want HID, LED, etc? Buy a vehicle that comes with them installed at the factory.

Or a retro...

In any case I agree that DDM is not a good company, product wise and CS wise you can do far better. [censored] even building your own harness isn't very hard and you can make sure its done with proper thickness wire, quality connections, and in any way you choose.

45.gif

I have another thread on this topic, the kit went into projectors. My setup was fine. however HID in reflector "bucket" headlights is clearly wrong and offensive. no arguing that point.

Originally Posted By: surfstar

45.gif

BINGO!

I'm in agreement, in fact tampering with a OEM headlight design should be illegal, modify it and you get a automatic fail at inspection time...

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Jeez, why should you have to engineer/ troubleshoot their product?

1) buy kit.
2) install.
3) Works?
4a) Yes, enjoy
4b) No? return, refund.

Exactly.

However it seems that today the consumer is the beta tester for most products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back