Argentina vs USA Belgium

Semifinal prediction:

Brazil vs Germany
Netherlands vs Argentina

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

Semifinal prediction:

Brazil vs Germany
Netherlands vs Argentina

It wasn't bad that all 4 teams I picked got through quarter finals. The score was pretty low: 2-1, 1-0, 1-0 and 0-0 (penalty shoot out).

Brazil forward Neymar is out of the tournament with injury to the back, but they will sneak in the final with Argentina with a score of 3-2 over Germany, Argentina is the winner with 3-1 over Netherlands.

Just an excerpt of interest:

Between the institutional corruption, human rights violations, and general skeeviness that tends to surround FIFA and the World Cup, it’s often difficult to remember that, on some occasions, there are on-the-pitch controversies and scandals that happen in the world of soccer.

It’s not all fixed bidding and awarding tournaments based on insane air conditioning schemes to allow soccer to be played in the summers of Qatar – it’s also flare guns and a Russian keeper getting laser-pointed at a critical juncture in a match. The GIF from that article is pretty priceless, by the way.

Watching the group stages break down the way they have, it’s tempting to think of all the ways the games could be tweaked to nefarious ends — even if the referees have nothing to do with it. Speaking of referees, anyone that thinks that a league like the NBA is in need of better officials needs to watch the World Cup. It’s kind of hilarious, given the advent of goal-line technology and high-definition cameras (even the last World Cup, from just four years ago, looks awful compared to the broadcasts from Brazil) that so many suspect calls and non-calls can still be made.

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/sports/7-biggest-scandals-in-world-cup-history.html/

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Wow.... You know I would not be surprised if they found out there was match-fixing involved in that Germany v Brazil game.

If they really wanted to fix it, they wouldn't have made the score so suspiciously outrageous. Truth is stranger than fiction sometimes.

It was not fixed. Brazil just sucked. Bad.

My hat is even more off to the USA team. Germany tried just as hard against us. We held them 0-1 in a fairly aggressive match. Today USA would have beat Brazil.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Wow.... You know I would not be surprised if they found out there was match-fixing involved in that Germany v Brazil game.

If they really wanted to fix it, they wouldn't have made the score so suspiciously outrageous. Truth is stranger than fiction sometimes.

I have seen a few cricket matches that it came out later there was spot-fixing going on. It just looked so bad it was hard to think Brazil was playing for real. Although I can't imagine that any player for Brazil would let their country down for money.

YES
flag.jpeg

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
We should agree to disagree about this whole corruption with International Football.

Christopher Forsythe is a Ghana football official and a registered FIFA agent, he may/may not involved in matches fixing in Ghana.

Anybody can boasts anything, you believe those possible criminals but I don't until more concrete evidences are presented.

Well, this blows it out of the water:

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/sports/2014/08/30/riddell-match-fixer-except.cnn&hpt=hp_t2&from_homepage=yes&video_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F#/video/sports/2014/08/30/riddell-match-fixer-except.cnn

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
FIFA corruption has reared its ugly head.

1) Ghana implicated in match fixing multiple times
2) Bosnia goal disallowed on an incredibly BOGUS off-side call, then the ref celebrates with the Nigerian players
3) Now, Italy just got JOBBED by Ecuador and the ref, who threw a ridiculous red against Italy and ignored a Ecuador player (nicknamed "the Cannibal, I am not kidding) biting an Italian.

I love soccer but hate FIFA. I am looking for the US to get shafted on Thursday.

Yeah. FIFA.

I just gave away three sets of tickets to the Women's WC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back