different size bottles not having the same spec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I was at walmart today and on my usual stroll through the oil isle I noticed that the 5qt jug of vsp 0w-20 has the dexos1 logo on it but the matching 1qt bottle does not. Any thoughts on this? Would you use it since one has it but the other doesnt? Didn't notice any other brands like this but I didnt check them all either. On my dart I used vsp 0w20 it does not have the ms-6395 spec on the bottle but it does list the spec on valvolines website. Do you think I'm good here warranty wise or should I only buy the bottles with the spec listed on it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Probably older stock quarts that haven't got the updated labels.

Agreed.

Ask the oil manufacturer, if you're worried.

older stock.

just saw the same thing at CTC for PP 5W20. 5L jug was Pure Plus and the 1L bottle was not.....until you dug into the back of the shelf and pulled out the newer stock that is
wink.gif

I recall Ashland VSP PDS listing "meets dexos" back in June 2012 - but that may have been the 5w30. See they finally "caved' and bought the license. Its a Good oil, anyway around.

Last edited:
I too remember for a while they were stating that the oil meets Dexos requirements, but was not officially Dexos certified by GM to avoid paying royalties, so that's why no Dexos logo on these earlier labels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back