Re-refined Oil at Oil can Henrys

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a chain here in Arizona called Oil Can Henrys, it is like Jiffy Lube. I saw a
circular and they say they use re-refined oil and the price for an oil change was high.
What is this stuff?

We've got that chain up her in Oregon too. I looked up the oil they use one time. Some brand I'd never heard of. No mention of any api certs or anything. Valvoline nextgen was re-refined and supposedly pretty decent, the price point was probably a big reason it wasn't popular.

Originally Posted By: slowdime
We've got that chain up her in Oregon too. I looked up the oil they use one time. Some brand I'd never heard of. No mention of any api certs or anything. Valvoline nextgen was re-refined and supposedly pretty decent, the price point was probably a big reason it wasn't popular.

Never mind... It's sn rated.. for some reason I recall no certs for it when I looked into it a while back. Here's the site http://www.ecoultraoil.com/our_products.php?

well, according to the oil can henry's web site, the re-refined they use is called Eco-Ultra. made by a Universal Lubricants (HQ in Wichita, Kan.
http://www.ecoultraoil.com/index.php
you say the price was high...how high we talking? (they(OHC) don't list prices online, instead directing you to your local shop.)

you can buy the eco ultra direct from the companies site,(it's a syn-blend, as is Safteykleen's Eco-power) in 5w20,5w30,& 10w30, for $29.94 for a case of 6 qts. (and to my zip $9 for shipping), so ~$40 for 6 qts. that's not far off what i paid for a 5qt jug of eco-power from a shop in the Ft.Worth area., and not far off from buying 6 qts of name brand synthetic without sales/coupons/or rebates...

In fact, if i wasn't already a a year or More ahead on stockpiled oil, i would have bought some...

I really Like the idea of using re-refined "recycled" oil, but the few times i've tried to contact Safteykleen about getting some Eco-Power, they have no interest in either direct online, or retail sales to the general public. they are content to sell solely to shops.
in fact the one local company their(SafteyKleen's Eco-Power) site directs me to as being an "installer" is a national tire distributor's warehouse and Corporate offices. they don't sell to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back