Love my new Ryobi 40 volt leaf blower!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new 40 volt Ryobi leaf blower is one of the handiest tools I've bought. No cord to deal with, or no smelly, cranky motor to start. Plenty of power (300CFM) for blowing off the sidewalks, gutters, and cars. Wide open, it will run for at least 15-20 minutes, which is plenty of time for most tasks. Plus, I have a extra battery from the cordless string trimmer I bought too, which will run on a battery for a couple hours. Now, I feel like trimming and cleaning, whereas before I always seemed to avoid it. Now, I just grab it and go. They make several tools that use the same battery. Highly recommended!

Last edited:
Good review! I've been sitting on the sidelines for cordless li-ion outdoor tools waiting for reviews to come in. The trimmer especially, since my corded trimmer is a pain to use with how spread out the areas that need trimming are.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Yes, but how does it compare to a 2 cycle gas backpack blower that runs at about 10,000 RPM and over 100 MPH?

Wasn't comparing it to a backpack blower. That's the whole point. Who wants to load up and start one of those just to blow off the car, after washing, or most anything else, other than a parking lot? Instead of avoiding using a blower, I now use is a couple times daily. Just pick it up and pull the trigger. Priceless.

Last edited:
I have a ryobi 18v blower that shares the drill battery. I use it for blowing out the garage, and i blow off the deck of the zero turn every time i use it. Its handy for small jobs like that. I still use the 2 cycle for leaves and sidwalks as such.

Originally Posted By: Traction
My new 40 volt Ryobi leaf blower is one of the handiest tools I've bought. No cord to deal with, or no smelly, cranky motor to start. Plenty of power (300CFM) for blowing off the sidewalks, gutters, and cars. Wide open, it will run for at least 15-20 minutes, which is plenty of time for most tasks. Plus, I have a extra battery from the cordless string trimmer I bought too, which will run on a battery for a couple hours. Now, I feel like trimming and cleaning, whereas before I always seemed to avoid it. Now, I just grab it and go. They make several tools that use the same battery. Highly recommended!

Hey Traction any idea how it compares to the WORX blower ? Did you look at any other models ?

I have electric (corded) lawn equipment and by far the item that would be most useful to have cordless is the blower. Next would be the hedge trimmer, then the mower and last the edge trimmer. It's pretty easy to edge with a corded trimmer if you have the cord out for the mower anyway.

I last purchased equipment a few years before cordless became as good as it is now. I will definitely go cordless for future purchases.

Just got Dad a New Cordless trimmer for an early fathers day.
his old one was an "American Gardener"(Weedeater) 18v unit, that i couldn't find a replacement battery for anymore, and the existing battery was so worn down, it took 3 charge cycles to do the 1.25acre yard.

replacement is a Black &Decker 20v unit with the extended battery pack, with "up to an hour of run time"

right next to it on the shelf was a blower that uses the same battery for $80, but he'd rather stay with his stihl gas blower...

It appears that the new battery powered stuff isn't about being the best, it's about being good enough and a lot more convenient. The adjustments you have to make might be worth the trouble.

I've been using a Greenworks 40v brushless leaf blower for a few years with good results and just upgraded to their 80v model ... wow what a difference it made. Lots more air, better run time and the battery can be fully charged in 30 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back