20w50 5w20 blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BusyLittleShop
Originally Posted By: Robenstein

What vehicle you operate does not dictate your intelligence.

I don't know Rob... some Cagers think asphalt is butt trouble...

Some sport bike riders think flip flops, a wife beater, shorts, and a backwards baseball cap are riding attire.

Dumb people use all sorts of vehicles....as do smart people. Don't make assumptions.

What vehicle you operate does not dictate your intelligence.

I don't know Rob... some Cagers think asphalt is butt trouble...

Some sport bike riders think flip flops, a wife beater, shorts, and a backwards baseball cap are riding attire.

Dumb people use all sorts of vehicles....as do smart people. Don't make assumptions.

Great answer.

And Shannow.
Thank you for the fantastic breakdown. Your ability to dumb it down for us so even the less "seasoned" of members at least have a fighting chance of grasping the concept of how the entire mechanism works.
As for Larry. Time and time again he comes here saying the exact same stuff,which for the most part is wife's tale and nonsense which apparently he can sell which makes him look like big man on campus.
Over and over we've tried to correct him,to no avail. I feel bad for everyone you con,that looks to you because if you didn't know better you'd sound like you knew your stuff.
But you don't
You haven't absorned anything in the past decade as far as the oil industry goes. You bought into the SSO for 25000 miles and never looked back cause that was as good as it got.
Times change.
Evolve,adapt,survive.......

Or be prey.

I'm tempted to post random irrelevant diagrams from the Factory Service manuals, for some of the bikes I own/have owned.

That'll prove... something, I think.

grin.gif

Last edited:
So the whole mess boils down to this... Frictions Modifiers aren't a problem for a motorcycle wet clutch... I'M THE PROBLEM!!!

Last edited:
No, you have refused to look at any of the SCIENCE behind it when presented.

You brought up random other wet clutches from a variety of other automotive applications, and when presented with evidence as to why they are flawed examples, point blank stated that you will refuse to read further ... because YOUR examples that YOU brought to the table don't look like Mr. Honda's clutch...insert big picture.

Your only 'fact" with regard to your statement is that your clutch, and a few hanger's on hasn't slipped excessively yet.

Originally Posted By: Shannow

You brought up random other wet clutches from a variety of other automotive applications, and when presented with evidence as to why they are flawed examples, point blank stated that you will refuse to read further ... because YOUR examples that YOU brought to the table don't look like Mr. Honda's clutch...insert big picture.

Your only 'fact" with regard to your statement is that your clutch, and a few hanger's on hasn't slipped excessively yet.

+1

Also...he is just generally being a rather unpleasant poster who likes to bash "cagers" and "bikers" as some lesser lifeforms in the world of motoring.

The holy trinity of science is 1)Reason 2)Observation 3)Experience
Excuse me for pointing out the obvious Shannow but you're not a
motorcyclist... the only Reason that you have presented is based
solely on charts and graphs... you did not present any first hand
Observations or Experiences with EC oil in a wet clutch motorcycle...

That's all the facts a PhD cager needs to know...

Last edited:

+1

Also...he is just generally being a rather unpleasant poster who likes to bash "cagers" and "bikers" as some lesser lifeforms in the world of motoring.

Mercy Rob... they're not lesser lifeforms... I just like saying cagers and bikers...

If we follow your "logic", every motorcyclist would have to hammer a wheel out of a rock, and experience it for themselves. By the looks of this one, he's pretty happy with himself.

BC.jpg

Science also involves building on established knowledge, rather than re-inventing the wheel every time...to come up with such marvels AS a clutch, rather than flipping a leather belt over a spinning pulley.

And the people, many, many people, bike manufacturers (linked in some of my links...even include the people who designed and made Mr Honda) recommend a lack of friction modifiers for wet clutches.

You continue to spout that you are right, with a single data point...your clutch doesn't slip, while telling everyone to ignore the accumulated science of an entire industry...the charts I post are based on the accumulated evidence of generations.

Not a single data point of an individual who thinks he's reinventing the wheel.

The fact is that the ultimate torque carrying capacity of your clutch has been reduced by your choice of oil...just because Mr Honda may be 1% brake torque, or 50% away from slip does not mean that you've proved that FMs aren't bad for clutches...just simply that YOUR CLUTCH IS NOT CURRENTLY SLIPPING WITH YOUR OIL.

You brought example after example to the thread where FMs are used to purposely make them slip, then get all pouty and dismissive when I explain how your examples prove MY argument, rather than how great they are.

You ignored that blue and glazing are caused AFTER clutch slip...rather then explaining how blue and glaze miraculously appear and make a clutch slip..to be fixed by polishing them off.

I'm sorry Mr Honda doesn't have the torque at WFO to test your reduced capacity clutch. It must be belittling.

You continue
YOUR CLUTCH
You brought
You ignored

I'm sorry Mr Honda doesn't have the torque at WFO to test your reduced capacity clutch. It must be belittling.

Sit upon my knee cager and tell us all your problems...
med_gallery_3131_51_21449.jpeg

Experience, observation, and reason lead people to believe the sun, planets, and stars revolved around the Earth from Ancient Greece until Copernicus, Kepler, and Newton.

Were they right? Nope...Are you right?...highly unlikely.

Last edited:

You continue
YOUR CLUTCH
You brought
You ignored

Sit upon my knee cager and tell us all your problems...

Fail Larry...

If you review the chronology of the thread, I brought facts, data, science, and industry based recommendation to the thread...all of which YOU discounted as it wasn't Larry's clutch, Larry's bike, or Larry's misapplication of science.

You turned the thread into Larry's world, not I...at which point everything is a personal attack on you, as you've demonstrated. You've not countered a single thing I've posted, except putting yourself in the middle for that purpose.

I'd normally have you on ignore, except that your advice, and the "evidence" supporting it is so bad that it needs to be countered.

You can drag the thread back to science at any time Larry.

Talk talk talk... instead of talking about clutches go get your own
motorcycle and run some EC oil to see if your clutch slips or not...
report back... that's an order...

After reading several of these post from Busylittleshop, It appears he apparently has more experience with motor cycle tear downs, maintenance, and general motorcycle repairs than any one else here at BITOG. Charts and stuff like that are interesting, but his know how seems to trump the rest of you guys.

True that tig, I'm waiting for Honda to sack all their engineers and hire him on.

Won't happen. They probably can't afford his wages. LOL. Busylittle shop reminds of of the Smokey Yunick types. He succeeded by doing.

Here's a little bio on Smokey.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smokey_Yunick

Last edited:
Smokey's one of my heros...and he made every endeavour to understand science rather than claiming it all to be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back