Would you have DRANK it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toilets are not as dirty as you think. As long as you keep your place nice I wouldn't have even questioned it. Your mouth has significantly more germs in it then the toilet does... Do you brush your teeth and use mouthwash before every meal or every drink of water?

Heck for phobias sake a cockroach is significantly cleaner then your mouth.

Not trying to be a jerk just its nonsense. A bottle of water isn't expensive tho and if you prefer to do it that way by all means.

Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: 4wheeldog
How do you finicky guys even keep a girlfriend. Sometimes licking questionable places is......Required!

Remember, it needs to be wet before you stick it in, but make sure you've got all the hairs off before you lick it!

I think this thread is heading for trouble.

Get your mind out of the toilet!

However, the main purpose of the OP's beverage is to make you happy;
There is no physical/biological need for the sparkling water, if you needed fluids, you can just drink any water.

So if it brings you no pleasure to drink it because of the psychological factors, then don't drink it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Originally Posted By: SumpChump
Would you have drank it?

Well,

you kiss your dog and it drinks from the toilet.

Eats poop and licks himself ! Besides I'll bet as a man you have put you mouth in areas that would be equally soiled.

Originally Posted By: qdeezie
I heard somewhere that cell phones are nastier than toilets if you don't wipe them down from time to time.

Remote controls as well, especially the hotel ones.
smile.gif

Computer keyboards, too...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/28/places-dirtier-than-your-toilet_n_2972129.html

Originally Posted By: jcwit
You should note where bottled water comes from.

On a side note, ever take a ride in Amish Country with the windows down?

Think about what the vehicle in front is driving over and putting into the air.

Been there. Top down, behind the horse dropping road apples.

Good pipe tobacco fixes that.

Ah, what you need is a trip to your local wastewater treatment plant. Where does all that water coursing through our sewage systems go? Well after it's treated, it goes back in the stream and on down the river...

My father use to say "Don't drink down-river beer." but that was back before they had decent sewage treatment plants like today.

If you stop and think about it, those water molecules you're enjoying today have lived a long, tireless life, coursing through all matter of, ahem, situations.

Enjoy.

What's your municipalities water chlorination like?

I have the pleasure of leading a microbiology laboratory course at the local university.

We make the students perform a random surface swab test in the beginning of the semester, I always encourage them to be creative.

Toilet water always comes up as negative for 12 hour bacterial growth. The chloramines do a great job of killing most of the bugs.

Public computer keyboards, non-metallic door handles, painted water fountain valves/switches and light switches are a very different story.

This post reminds me of an episode of "Myth Busters" where they put brand new tooth brushes inside a bathroom and every day both of the guys did a bowel movement inside the bathroom. They then tested all of the tooth brushes and they had fecal matter on (I believe) all of them.
While I probably wouldn't drink from the bottle of water that fell into the toilet, those dirty, evil bacteria are getting inside your body every day and the body usually fights them off.
However, I'm still try to decide why this subject was ever posted in the first place.

I would not drink that water. Not because doing so is unhygienic, but because it's gross. Same with dogs licking you. It'd not all that unhygienic, but it's disgusting.

Originally Posted By: Rick in PA
Ah, what you need is a trip to your local wastewater treatment plant. Where does all that water coursing through our sewage systems go? Well after it's treated, it goes back in the stream and on down the river...

My father use to say "Don't drink down-river beer." but that was back before they had decent sewage treatment plants like today.

If you stop and think about it, those water molecules you're enjoying today have lived a long, tireless life, coursing through all matter of, ahem, situations.

Enjoy.

Just imagine if only one of those molecules could talk. What a story!

Originally Posted By: theKman
Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1
how is this even questionable ?

+1!
eek.gif

+2 I wouldn't even think of it. I'd toss it and grab another bottle.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: BRZED
Are poop and pee molecules polar or non-polar?

Depends if they came from a polar bear or not.

What if they came from a bipolar polar bear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back