Tires opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2005 Pontiac Vibe with 118K .. I have been given quotes from 3 different tire companies and would like your opinion on which one i should choose..

General Tire Rt 43

Nexen N5000

91H Matrix tour

RT43 gets pretty good reviews around here at the lower end of the price spectrum, so it should be a pretty safe bet, especially for a non-performance vehicle. Don't know about the other two.

Welcome to BITOG.

BTW, this needs to be moved to the Tire subforum.

i just registered on this site today so i have no clue at this point. thanks for the suggestion.. and your opinion..

welcome2.gif

RT43's are a solid choice

Nexens suck, matrix tours are probably some house brand, and those usually suck. General tires are usually good

If there is a discount tire near you, check their Arizonan tires. I've had good luck with them, and I work for a competing tire chain

RT43's are on my SL2 Saturn. Great ride and handling. Would buy again. Like them better than Cooper CS4's and Michelin Hydroedge I had previously.

I order rt43 from Walmart last week..I will be getting them installed in couple days.. I just feel rt43 have better value than Michelin, hankok, or kumho..

You need to be aware that Vibe's and Matrix's (or is that Matrices?) tend to chew up the inside shoulder of tires. That can be fixed by dialing out as much camber as possible and getting the toe exactly to the center of the range.

Never heard of Nexen and Matrix.
General makes a good tire. They are owned by Continental.
My vote is for the General RT43

I currently have General G-MAX AS-03 on the V-Dub and have been very happy with them.

I got my rt43 installed. Made in USA. 0615. Manufactured 6th week of 2015.. I saved $140 by choosing rt43 over Michelin premier. So far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back