F1 - 2015 Monaco Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the one race some time ago where Hamilton won over Rosberg by complete luck, and made sure Rosberg and everyone else knew that. I was pretty happy with that. That's the way to do it. Rosberg does have a right to be happy about winning, since luck is obviously important. In his defence, though, perhaps it was more about the hat trick than anything else.

Originally Posted By: weasley
What really leaves a bad taste in the mouth is Rosberg's reaction to winning. Someone with a bit of class would have been more contrite, not whooping and celebrating like he'd earnt it.

In racing, a win is a win. You take them any way you can get them. Especially in Formula 1. And especially in Formula 1 at MONACO, where there is all but zero chance to overtake, and races are won and lost on pit strategy.

There is winning, and there is how you win. He is not only a bad loser, but a bad winner too.

Originally Posted By: weasley
There is winning, and there is how you win.

Exactly. And that is especially true at Monaco. Rosberg did it the only way. Luck, coupled with a better pit strategy. Vettel as well. He finished second for the same reason Rosberg finished first, and Hamilton finished behind both of them. Would it have been better if both he and Vettel bowed to him on the podium while observing a minute of silence?

I'm not questioning that Rosberg won fair and square, but I am questioning his lack of sporting ethics (as I have done before). He did not deserve the win, but he got it. His demeanour was that of a deserved winner, not that of someone gifted the win through someone else's incompetence. I'm sure it is all part of the intra-team rivalry and mind games but he is doing himself no favours.

The guy just won the most coveted Formula 1 race there is..... 3 TIMES IN A ROW! And you don't think he should celebrate? Are you kidding me? What should he have done, stand there somberly hanging his head down, while everyone else sprayed Champagne? His crew had the better pit strategy over Hamilton. Rosberg and his crew deserved to win that race, every bit as much as Hamilton along with his crew deserved to lose it. And just in case you haven't watched much Formula 1, that is what winners do..... They CELEBRATE.

He crossed the finish line first. How did he not deserve it? Post race, he admited he got lucky. Luck is a part of racing.

If you thought Nico was unsporting, what did you think about Vettel interrupting Nico's interview and saying "I'm happy, I'm very happy!"? Both gained on the WDC leader. Maybe all three of them could have argued about who gets the trophies like Micheal and Reubens did at Indy.

Bottom line. He pitted thinking both Rosberg and Vettel would do the same. Vettel I can understand, but they should have known what Rosberg was going to do. They're on the same team for God's sake! He, along with his crew guessed wrong, and lost the race because of it. Too bad. Take it on the chin and act like a man! Not the spoiled little brat he has become. Along with the British media, who continually kisses his a$$ every time they stick a microphone in his face.

And if it's sportsmanship you want to discuss, how much of it did Hamilton show plowing into the P3 sign, almost knocking it over in the process while parking. Do you see him do that in the pits under race conditions? Not to mention the possibility of damaging a $100,000.00 front wing. The same way he threw a $50,000.00 steering wheel out of the car after wrecking in Singapore a few years back. Doing what he does best when things don't go his way. Act like a little baby.

You are not going to convince me. I am not specifically a Hamilton fan, but I do like seeing a Brit win. I am not anti-German either - I enjoyed Vettel's utter dominance at Red Bull and like seeing him revive the Ferrari. Rosberg is a smug, self-important cry-baby who thinks the world owes him everything. Someone with an ounce of style would celebrate, of course, but would also be openly empathetic to his team mate.

I'm clearly not alone in this thought - I've never hear Hamilton being booed on the podium...

If Hamilton wants to be the big British hero, he needs to start acting more like Button. He has always been a class act his whole career. Hamilton has been a baby since his early days at McLaren. He's just grown into a larger one. And exactly just how much "empathy" has Hamilton ever shown ANY of his team mates?

Originally Posted By: billt460

In racing, a win is a win. You take them any way you can get them. Especially in Formula 1. And especially in Formula 1 at MONACO, where there is all but zero chance to overtake, and races are won and lost on pit strategy.

*Except if you won due to team orders. Then like Schumacher did with barrichello you bring up the real winner to the top step. Even if its a fine to do so

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: raytseng

*Except if you won due to team orders. Then like Schumacher did with barrichello you bring up the real winner to the top step. Even if its a fine to do so

And MS stopped before the finish line a couple races later so Rubens would win. Few drivers have done that.
Smoky

Schumacher had a legendary career, but it wasn't all proud moments. Remember when he came to a stop on track at Monaco to stop the qualifying session so his lap time would be quickest?

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Schumacher had a legendary career, but it wasn't all proud moments. Remember when he came to a stop on track at Monaco to stop the qualifying session so his lap time would be quickest?

True. But if you look at most any successful Formula 1 drivers career, especially the ones fortunate enough to become World Champions, they all have had bad moments. Remember Alonso when he drove for McLaren the first time around, and blocked Hamilton in the pits so he couldn't get out in time during a qualifying session, and have a crack at beating his time?

Look at all of the nonsense that went on between Prost and Senna. Countless jabs back and forth, both on and off the track. Look at when Vettel took out Mark Webber trying to pass him, and the time he passed him when team orders were given to hold their respective positions. Webber complied, Vettel took advantage and did not. And has you mentioned, Schumacher has had more than his share of regrettable actions. Just like Hamilton is doing now with so many of his childish antics. It goes with the territory with these guys. They're all highly paid, "Type A" personalities. Actually, I think it was far worse 15 or 20 years ago than it is now.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman

True. But if you look at most any successful Formula 1 drivers career, especially the ones fortunate enough to become World Champions, they all have had bad moments.

Not Jimmy Clark
cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back