Is THIS piston slap on these two Camry's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
In general, engines seem to be a little noisier than they once were.

Don't people listen to the engines run before they buy the car?

I'd say in general, normal people are profoundly stupid.

Originally Posted By: Stewie
This is a real piston slap

I have a piston slapper too
frown.gif

If you really want to hear piston slap, find a 2000-2003 or so GM 2500 with the 6.0L. My neighbors swore up and down that I switched vehicles during the day and had a diesel in the morning and an identical nice quiet gasser coming home. Those engines are known to be loud slappers and a bit thirsty for oil.

Originally Posted By: ironman_gq
If you really want to hear piston slap, find a 2000-2003 or so GM 2500 with the 6.0L. My neighbors swore up and down that I switched vehicles during the day and had a diesel in the morning and an identical nice quiet gasser coming home. Those engines are known to be loud slappers and a bit thirsty for oil.
I have heard this from various places, yet my fathers 2002 Silverado with the 6.0 has no piston slap with 145K on the clock.

Sounds all normal to me, our 2015 2.5 with 600 miles on it does that till warm. What really sounds bad is on a cold start the first second till the timing chain tensioner gets oil pressure. It alarmed me the first day, but I realized our 02 and 06 2.4's done the same thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back