Burn your FedEx mail!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the US military has unknowingly shipped live anthrax from Dugway, the new "Area 51," to somewhere overseas via FedEx's germ express delivery service. Now 26 people have been put in post-exposure treatment quarantine. Why are we even shipping anthrax? That stuff should remain with PIADCNY on Plum Island. Anthrax spreads slowly enough to infect huge numbers of people before anyone falls visibly ill. The mortality rate varies on the delivery method. Airborne infection via inhalation is worst with at least 80% mortality rate.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/27/politics/live-anthrax-us-military-sent-inadvertently/index.html

Why doesn't us military have its own shipping service
33.gif

I have trouble with the word "unknowingly" - how careless and/or stupid must you be to put anthrax in the mail BY ACCIDENT?
Also, this is not the first time anthrax originating from the Govt. has been found in the mail. Maybe they're upset that Ebola didn't take off the way the hoped?

Originally Posted By: Olas
I have trouble with the word "unknowingly" - how careless and/or stupid must you be to put anthrax in the mail BY ACCIDENT?
Also, this is not the first time anthrax originating from the Govt. has been found in the mail. Maybe they're upset that Ebola didn't take off the way the hoped?

They knew they were shipping anthrax, but they didn't know it was live anthrax bacteria. I wonder how they found out it was alive.

Originally Posted By: BRZED
Originally Posted By: Olas

They knew they were shipping anthrax, but they didn't know it was live anthrax bacteria. I wonder how they found out it was alive.

I imagine the conversation went like this: "hey Bill, have you seen my petri dish?"

Good luck, Merk! Ask the delivery man if this package contains anything liquid, flammable or potentially hazardous.

Originally Posted By: Stewie
33.gif

They do, it's called the U S Postal Service .

I wonder if FedEx has a forwarding service. I might have to forward a couple of packages to my Ex.
wink.gif

Disclaimer: My son moved out on his own several years ago, therefore doesn't live with her.

Last edited:
Ah snap. I really hope that package didn't go through one of the facilities I've been through. I've been far as NY state in the past week.

Government incompetence???Say it ain't so. I am sure theere will be a new department up and running soon to moniter all anthrax shipments.

Here is an idea: fire government incompetents instead of hiring more...lol...what a silly idea.

33.gif

The carrier service is irrelevant. The fault lies with those who failed to make sure the anthrax was dead.

The samples were correctly treated, (irradiated), but something messed up. One of the recipients found the issue. Scary!

I'm beginning to think that those folks digging in out in the wilds are right...

33.gif

Because if it did, someone would be screaming bloody murder about government waste.

33.gif

They do. My youngest son is an active duty C17 pilot. They move just about everything all over the globe. Glad he didn't carry this though.

Shippin' live bio-weapons engineered to decimate populations in a very efficient manner. I try not to give in to conspiracy theories, but sometimes the Tragedy of Errors theory seems to overlap into Conspiracy Theory territory. We're supposed to believe that the type of experts that one would assume are the lab level handlers of bio-weapons like Anthrax, just accidentally breached protocol on numerous batches of the stuff going to a bunch of different destinations? Or the irradiating device errored out without tripping any warning codes or whatever self-monitoring error control is built-in? Is there no redundancy on the exit protocols before this stuff is let out of the lab and placed into the civilian shipping/handling stream? (!!...)

33.gif

Seriously?

The military has air transport, but while it works for big things: jet engines, tanks, troops...firing up a million dollar flight of a C-17 for every package make zero sense...and you as a taxpayer would be the first to complain at the massive increase in military spending to accomplish that. (by the way, firing up a FedEx MD-11 to cross the ocean costs about the same, but they're flying lots of packages, so it makes economic sense)

So, the Military contracts out lots of small services, like mail, or FedEx...or lawn care...and saves lots of taxpayer money by not doing things in house...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back