Kiwi Car Salesman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the foul language will go right past you, but careful of the stuff you do understand if you are the delicate type. John Clark and Tem Morrison from a movie called Never Say Die.

I used to date a girl from Tasmania. I got all of the obscenities.
wink.gif

That car was a zephyr 6 and dates from the early 60's
They tended to rust really badly. I don't recall seeing one even in the early 70's

How old was that movie?

It was a made in 1988. MkIII Zephyrs were still in daily use in 1988, but their days were numbered. That was when import restrictions and other tariffs were lifted. Opened the gates for used Japanese domestic vehicles - it destroyed the used car market, and the new car market too.

The green car behind the Zephyr is a Vanden Plas, one of the many versions BMC badge engineered off the 1100/1300 base. There was the base Austin and Morris, and more up market Wolseley, Riley, MG and Vanden Plas versions.

Originally Posted By: Silk
The green car behind the Zephyr is a Vanden Plas, one of the many versions BMC badge engineered off the 1100/1300 base. There was the base Austin and Morris, and more up market Wolseley, Riley, MG and Vanden Plas versions.

My uncle had an 1100 Vanden Plas complete with picnic tables built into the back seats.
Nice car to look at, but had all the BMC 1100/1300 issues under it's nice paint job.

I thought I saw a Hillman imp on the lot also.
I once had the sporty version the Sunbeam stiletto. Kind of fun, but very unreliable.

Billy T, one of the few Kiwi talents the Aussies couldn't claim as their own. I wonder if anyone here understood what he was saying. The magic of Billy T was that he could show us ourselves without offending anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back