Switching to Maxlife Syn 5w30 from PUP 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used PP/PU almost since 10k in a 2012 Hyundai Accent with now 131k. Transmission flushed every 50k-60k and Coolant every 100k,Brake Fluid 80k and I still have a tiny seep from rear main seal. Been using MOS and Motor Protect LM and have had no luck to completely seal it at RMS. Will Valvoline Maxlife handle GDi as far as deposits and dilution? I love PUP/PP, but I have to make this leak stop. Am I better to keep using PUP 5w30 with MOS/Motor Protect and deal with the small seep or switch to VML Syn and hope it seals it up. VML Syn doesnt have hto6 spec nor A5, so will my mpg decrease also? Any and all thoughts and ideas would be appreciated. Thanks again

You can also leave your options open to Pennzoil High Mileage, Quaker State Defy or Castrol High Mileage. Just pick a low price, that meets your vehicles spec, and call it a day.

I thought about that. Been raised on M1 synthetics but I switched to Sopus and I still enjoy the performance and mpg that synthetic delivers over dino. Plus this car sees 350 plus miles each day so I am kinda on the motto if you give it good it gets you good. Car is giving me 39 plus mpg right now. I cant stand the thought of running a dino unless I buy a rotary car. Its been awesome on synthetic and will be passed down to family member who will run qsud.

There is nothing wrong with running a very good conventional oil. PYB, QSGB and, Mobil 5000 are very capable of providing good protection for vehicles. They obviously might not be able to go ten thousand or fifteen thousand mile intervals. But that does not mean they are not up to the job for five thousand. One major consideration is ambient temperature in colder climates. Which is a very big consideration at times. And yes the synthetics are able to manage higher internal motor temperatures better has well. The quality conventional can handle higher temperatures well enough given proper change intervals.
But hey, it is really good to have a good number of very good products to choose from too. I've exclusively used full synthetics since 2001. But now I am ready to run PYB in my car to see how it runs. But if I am not pleased.. I can always go back and get some PU or Havoline Pro DS
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: 19jacobob93
Maxlife one grade thicker has almost completely fixed every leak or consumption issue I've ever had

X2

I'd use MaxLife Blend, 350 miles per day is easy on any oil. Full synthetics tend to make any leak look worse than it is. What is your OCI with all these miles you're racking up?

I'd definitely use MaxLife full synthetic. Great oil and as youc an see, seal conditioners DO make a difference.

There was a salesrep on here at one time who worked for a major oil company that said he switcheds all his cars over to High Mileage oils after 50k miles. He said that some engine builders (I want to say it was Hyundai actaully) don't have the best seals and will leak in time.

I will eventually switch my car over to a high mileage oil around 50k miles or so.

Was just thinking about the same thing a few days ago.
2010 Hyundai 2.4L and been using PYB 5w-30 (started 5w-20 before). Coming up to 85k on the clock and was thinking about the Maxlife when I was in AZ getting other things. Doing 5k OCIs and never add on the 5k duration. So do I, and if so, at what mileage, or just continue PYB since no leaks or topping off.
Have had no issues, just OCs, tires. Thinking around 90k doing plugs, belt, coolant, tranny drain/fill, don't know what else, yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back