2012 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went by the dealer today, they were closed but i got a good walk around the car and it is in pretty good condition, i didn't even recall seeing any curb rash on the rims. The body didn't seem to have any dings or scratches, although it needs a wash so i can't really tel.

The only thing i noted was the rear window tint is bubbling already, the brakes have lot rot on the rear discs, and the front tires are in much worse shape than the front; they would have to be replaced before any snow hit the ground.

The actual car does exist! , as someone tried to say earlier.

2ibgraf.jpg

66vhit.jpg

35a90mw.jpg

2wewcax.jpg

fuq13s.jpg

The trip odo is below and to the right of the 39k vehicle odo and says 130.4. Also, that gauge cluster does not match those that I find on a quick Google search for that vehicle year, make, and model. Still feels like something is off. Maybe a salvage title or the gauge cluster was replaced at 17k and the odo was not updated with the actual vehicle mileage?

I see the issue now, the cluster isn't correct...Will have to check it out in person and see which cluster it has and what mileage. If its not the correct cluster i am going to pass.

The dealer just made a mistake with uploading the pictures...

The image with the close-up of the dash isn't even a Nissan. It's a Mazda 6 cluster.

If you look at the other pictures, the vehicle has the appropriate dash for the Sentra.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
http://www.auto.com/cars/Nissan-Sentra-SE-R-Spec-V-2012-3N1CB6AP9CL677502#info

Any thoughts or opinions on this car?

spankme2.gif
Looks like this was a water/flood vehicle from FL: Previous Auction Link

Sale Title Type: CD

In FL that means Certificate of Destruction: Title Type Explanations

That being said, if you're somehow still interested I'd have it checked top to bottom by someone who knows what they're doing. If it is a water/flood vehicle they can have endless electrical gremlins and more...
15.gif

Last edited:
Car is definitely from FL. Came from nearby Pensacola judging from the Sansing sticker on back

Originally Posted By: NothingNew
http://www.auto.com/cars/Nissan-Sentra-SE-R-Spec-V-2012-3N1CB6AP9CL677502#info

Any thoughts or opinions on this car?

spankme2.gif
Looks like this was a water/flood vehicle from FL: Previous Auction Link

Sale Title Type: CD

In FL that means Certificate of Destruction: Title Type Explanations

That being said, if you're somehow still interested I'd have it checked top to bottom by someone who knows what they're doing. If it is a water/flood vehicle they can have endless electrical gremlins and more...
15.gif

Saw your reply before but forgot to post, wanted to thank you for that information, i will not be messing with that car based on the information you provided, not worth the risk!

How did you find the information? Did you use a free vin checker or something better?

How did you find the information? Did you use a free vin checker or something better?

Just a simple google search of the VIN. I found out the seller of the car rebuilds vehicles or buys salvaged cars and seems to specialize in washing titles. They'll even assist you in washing titles for a fee: Northern Kentucky Auto Sales Old ebay auction link for the car: ebay auction

Good luck in finding a nice ride.

Last edited:
It looks like they uploaded the wrong picture. The gauge cluster in the shot of the gauge cluster doesn't look like the gauge cluster in the shot with the drivers door open.

Knock them down for a set of tires and the peeling aftermarket tint.

Originally Posted By: Miller88

That's probably the least of his problems given the car's history.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: Miller88

That's probably the least of his problems given the car's history.

Ha! Totally missed that!

Originally Posted By: Al
The QR engine is not a very robust engine IMHO It replaced the SR20DE. in 2002.

The engine is misdesigned in my opinion. The rod/stroke ratio is very low which initially caused problems with ring seating (high rod angle) It took a while to get the ring material right. Piston speeds are high and rod reversal time caused the rings not to seat. They were huge oil burners and failures were rampant.

I was on the Sentra board forever and the higher performance engines were first the SR20 and then the QR. You couldn't destroy the SR20 but the QR Spec-V failed miserably. In adition the HG's failed bc it is not an all aluminum engine.

Tread carefully. I wouldn't buy it.

Believe me..its not even on the same planet as the Honda K24A engine.

This is no longer the case. 07, and up QR's are great engines. Will it hold boost like an SR20 would? Of course not. Not many engines including the Honda K24 can touch the Robustness of the very over engineered SR20.

The QR is still reliable, and will more than suit the OP's needs.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Wow.

No one even got out of their seats and we've found out it's a swimmer with a washed title

Yeah kinda glad i dodged that bullet, but i still want it! I mean maybe it had good repairs done?

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Wow.

No one even got out of their seats and we've found out it's a swimmer with a washed title

Yeah kinda glad i dodged that bullet, but i still want it! I mean maybe it had good repairs done?

No. You don't want it. Once submerged the electrical connections will inevitably corrode causing gremlins for life. My sister bought a sundance years ago that sunk. They rebuilt the engine bit ran great til winter hit then it wouldn't stsrt or crank sometimes,the cel woukd come on and go off,lights worked sometimes then they didn't
There's a reason why a swimmer is considered a total loss. Stay clear or get a credit card specifically for repairing this car because when somethimg comes up youll be spending money fast than you make it.

but i still want it! I mean maybe it had good repairs done?

You should have your head examined.
smile.gif

It is ok 901...

It is like a place advertising free Fram Ultras. Its gets you involved, go check it out then see you have to switch over to their car insurance.

I dont like predators like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back