Finally Found Pennzoil Ultra at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave up on locating the PU...not in any local WM...have switched to the Platinum after using the Ultra for a few years...don't think the vehicles will know the difference.

Ahh this is the more casual way of describing such nefarious activities
smile.gif

Too bad you can't run a 30 viscosity oil.. Because the 10w-30 has a 5.4 ! Versus the 5w offering which has a noack of 11. Quite a difference indeed.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bbhero
Too bad you can't run a 30 viscosity oil.. Because the 10w-30 has a 5.4 ! Versus the 5w offering which has a noack of 11. Quite a difference indeed.

Owner's manual list 5w20 to 10w 30. So I can.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: mike718
I have been BITG vistor for long time but never made an account till recently. Yesterday I was at Apache Junction, AZ to drive the Apache Trail, while there I dropped by the local Walmart and long and be hold I spotted the Unicorn (Pennzoil Ultra). I purchased (3) 5 quart jug since it will be awhile before I spotted it again since I currently lived in San Diego, CA. Why is this oil so hard to find?!?!

That is PUP, not PU. This is the difference between the two. PU is the good stuff before Pennzoil went and cheapened it up, spec wise.

$_35.JPG

Originally Posted By: GenaFishbeck
Originally Posted By: oilmaven
I gave up on locating the PU...not in any local WM...have switched to the Platinum after using the Ultra for a few years...don't think the vehicles will know the difference.

Don't give up yet oilmaven! Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w30 can be purchased online from Amazon, here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/Pennzoil-550040865...+platinum+5w-30 - The Pennzoil Team

How about the good stuff? PU, vintage fall of 2013, spring of 2014 bottling dates? We can all buy average oil from Amsoil or Mobil 1, but that PU was DA BOMB!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back