Discount Tire - They were Great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Called Big O tires and was quoted $40 for tire rotation and wheel balancing. I went to Discount
Tire and let them do the work. They said No Charge! I'll be back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread title reminds me of Tony The Tiger.

"THEY'RE GREAT!"

TT_tony_pointing.jpg

Did you bought tires from DT ? If you did then free balance & rotation & flat repair, if not then free rotation & flat repair only.

I have been a Discount Tire customer for years, they really are GREAT.

I like the fact you can watch vehicle being worked on through a glass window .

The crew is very well trained, they only do tires not any other services.

They do freebie tire rotations on non purchased tires.

They are great. My Mom had a flat fixed on her OEM tire, for free, and they've rotated the OEM tires on the Sonata for free as well. In addition, a couple of years ago I had a slow leak in one of the Sonata's tires that wound up being due to the valve. No one else could find it, but they did, and installed a replacement for free -- although I made it a point to slip the guy a tip since I was his last customer of the day and he was there late on account of me.

I've made it a point to buy my last couple of tire sets there and will continue to do so.

Originally Posted By: Neely97
I have been a Discount Tire customer for years, they really are GREAT.

I like the fact you can watch vehicle being worked on through a glass window .

The crew is very well trained, they only do tires not any other services.

They do freebie tire rotations on non purchased tires.

+1 What you said. And never been an issue checking my brake pads during installation, or rotations and balancing.

Know about and seen free rotations and correct puncture repair including balance on non DT purchased tires.

If the OP also got free balance with the rotation on non DT purchased tires, that would be going above and beyond. But, based on my experience I wouldn't be surprised.

Good business, and keeps em coming back.

Originally Posted By: bobbob
Called Big O tires and was quoted $40 for tire rotation and wheel balancing. I went to Discount
Tire and let them do the work. They said No Charge! I'll be back.

I have had Mavis tire do a free rotation (sometimes). I am glad there is no Discount Tire store in my state so I do not have to pay sales tax when I order online. But one just across the MA border would be fine.

they will pricematch tirerack or anyone else including tax. btw.

I've found their prices are only the starting point. not what you pay.

I had 3 good experiences with them. so far.. Will continue to go back.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Donald
.... I am glad there is no Discount Tire store in my state so I do not have to pay sales tax when I order online. But one just across the MA border would be fine.

DT and DTD are considered separate companies for tax purposes. Not sure about the states where DTD has a warehouse presence like Ohio, but in NC DTD and DTD@ebay, their pricing is with no tax. In fact recently used a DTD@ebay price with promo for a DT price match.

Big O tire stores suck.
I bought 4 tires from them.Nothing wrong with the tires. But when I went in for my "free" rotation they tried to sell me every service they could. Now I know my car car needs to be serviced but every time I said no they came up with another one.They just pounded me to point where I just refused it all.
The next tire rotation was done by Discount Tire for $26 and I was in and out in 30 minutes with no brain damage.
The next set of tires was bought from Discount.

Originally Posted By: marine65
Big O tire stores suck.
I bought 4 tires from them.Nothing wrong with the tires. But when I went in for my "free" rotation they tried to sell me every service they could. Now I know my car car needs to be serviced but every time I said no they came up with another one.They just pounded me to point where I just refused it all.
The next tire rotation was done by Discount Tire for $26 and I was in and out in 30 minutes with no brain damage.
Discount Tire rotates anybody's tires for free, regardless if you've bought your tires from them or not. They've done it several times for me. Maybe you went to a shady one.

I think I will start buying tires from Walmart. It only cost $410 total for 205 65 r15. General altimax rt43. Free tires rotation too.

Originally Posted By: moto94536
I think I will start buying tires from Walmart. It only cost $410 total for 205 65 r15. General altimax rt43. Free tires rotation too.

Yes, they do free rotation but you will need to wait 2-3 hours for it, even when you were ahead of someone who is buying new tire(s).

I bought tire online and had Walmart installed with lifetime rotation/balance. After waiting 3 hours I gave up.

I have no problems with waiting. Today I wait 2 hours for them to get my tires installed. I shop around and buy stuff .. motor oil. And there are some pretty girls too. So why not.

Those guys do great job, really care about the customers and safety.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Big O tire stores suck.
Discount Tire rotates anybody's tires for free, regardless if you've bought your tires from them or not. They've done it several times for me. Maybe you went to a shady one.

Shady or not it was worth $26 not to have to deal with Big O tires again.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Big O tire stores suck.

Shady or not it was worth $26 not to have to deal with Big O tires again.
Lol that's for sure! Discount Tire is the only shop other than the dealer and a local German auto repair shop that's ever touched my car, I'd like to keep it that way. Nothing has been repaired wrong and cheap parts haven't been used!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back