High pressure washer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at it a few weeks ago. I called the company and asked about the pump. Basically it is a no-name manufacturer (I forgot the name of it) and they didn't even know what kind it was (horizontal, etc.). It also seems that if the engine needs parts they are expensive and hard to find. I passed.

I'm going to wait until my electric Karcher completely dies then probably get a Generac.

I bought a craftsman 2600 power washer 7 years ago. The plastic pump died within two years. I ordered my new pump off amazon (metal B&S pump) and I use pump saver now and then on it.. but its still going strong.

I don't see any links or pictures of pressure washers?

Which one are you referring to?

A couple of quick recommendations. Always horizontal pump. Never vertical. Always Honda or Honda clone engine. Chinese horizontal pumps have been pretty good lately, especially for the price. Pumps are easy to change out (4 bolts) and not that expensive for a very good one ($200-$300), so if the Chinese pump dies, just replace it with a better unit in a couple of years.

Honestly, its hard to go wrong with the Harbor Freight unit. After coupon its only like $230. Chinese clone of a Honda GX200 engine, Chinese pump. About all your average home owner will ever need, plus its much better than some of the big box store washers at about half the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back